Why are my posts disappearing?

If you just want to say hello, start here!
AD4GC

Why are my posts disappearing?

Post by AD4GC »

I am new to this forum. I have made a post three times asking questions, after a period of inactivity I am signed out and my posts disappear. Why?
WB3IHY

Re: Why are my posts disappearing?

Post by WB3IHY »

What were the questions?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Most prob, because your question has nothing to do with pistar or isn't pistar centric.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
AD4GC

Post by AD4GC »

WB3IHY wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:14 pm What were the questions?
WBEIHY,

The first two questions, the second a repeat of the first because it disappeared, was asking if there is a way to restrict users from connecting to a YSF reflector. The third was inquiring about how to run or if anyone else had ran two separate YSF reflector dashboards from the same internet network.

AD4GC
Last edited by AD4GC on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AD4GC

Post by AD4GC »

M1DNS wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:18 pm Most prob, because your question has nothing to do with pistar or isn't pistar centric.

M1DNS,

I thought they were posted in the YSF specific support forum, which is what I'm inquiring about. Forgive me if that is incorrect.

AD4GC
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Ok so neither of ur Qs relate to pistar. Your asking about the use of and running a YSF reflector.

1st why bother running a reflector if you want to control who links to it, or restrict who links to it. The whole idea of providing such a service is to include all, no amateur should be excluded... (maybe with the exception, that he makes himself a nuisance, and cant follow attempts to twart his mis-behaviour, with simply request or warning) The whole ethos behind everything that has been provided to you by those that make all these projects open source.

To answer more helpfully AFAIK, no you can't, there isn't an ability to filter users. Mostly for those reasons above.

2nd you'll prob. do better asking in one of the mmdvm group particularly OpenDV group's.io . Given the group here is setup as a pistar help group and what ur asking isn't pistar centric. Asking there will get the attention of the developers who provide the reflector software.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
AD4GC

Post by AD4GC »

M1DNS wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:02 pm Ok so neither of ur Qs relate to pistar. Your asking about the use of and running a YSF reflector.

1st why bother running a reflector if you want to control who links to it, or restrict who links to it. The whole idea of providing such a service is to include all, no amateur should be excluded... ( maybe with the exception, thst he makes himself a nuisance, and cant follow attempts to twart his mis-behaviour) The whole ethos behind everything that has been provided to you by those that make all these projects open source.

To answer more helpfully AFAIK, no you can't, there isn't an ability to filter users. for those reasons above.

2nd you'll prob. do better asking in one of the mmdvm group's. Given the group here is setup as a pistar help group and what ur asking isn't pistar centric. Asking there will get the attention of the developers who provide the reflector software.

M1DNS,

Thank you for the response. To answer your question, it would be much the same as requiring access codes to access a repeater. I'll look in the mmdvm groups.

Thanks and 73
AD4GC
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

AD4GC wrote:
M1DNS wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:02 pm Ok so neither of ur Qs relate to pistar. Your asking about the use of and running a YSF reflector.

1st why bother running a reflector if you want to control who links to it, or restrict who links to it. The whole idea of providing such a service is to include all, no amateur should be excluded... ( maybe with the exception, thst he makes himself a nuisance, and cant follow attempts to twart his mis-behaviour) The whole ethos behind everything that has been provided to you by those that make all these projects open source.

To answer more helpfully AFAIK, no you can't, there isn't an ability to filter users. for those reasons above.

2nd you'll prob. do better asking in one of the mmdvm group's. Given the group here is setup as a pistar help group and what ur asking isn't pistar centric. Asking there will get the attention of the developers who provide the reflector software.

M1DNS,

Thank you for the response. To answer your question, it would be much the same as requiring access codes to access a repeater. I'll look in the mmdvm groups.

Thanks and 73
AD4GC
Again something else I really don't understand but it does seem to be mostly a USA thing. The hobby is open to anyone, and here in the UK we have regulation that state everyone should have access to anything you put on air, without discrimination but I guess those who want to do so blocking others must feel justified in doing so.

But here's a scenario...
Imagine If we locked pistar down and made it 'apply for use' and we said you can't use it as you are not someone we want using it. How would that make you feel?
Anyways enough on my personal opinion.

Group's.io would be ur best place, just don't be surprised if they think similar to me when you ask the Q. Image

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.