Forum Etiquette.

If you just want to say hello, start here!
G6WQH

Forum Etiquette.

Post by G6WQH » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:49 am

Hello everyone,

I believe it is good forum etiquette to put up some sort of "I'm new here" post when joining a forum, so this is mine.

I am an old radio amateur (both in terms of age and time I've had my licence). I got my licence mainly because I wanted to experiment with digital transmission modes (everything but CW!). I was one of the first people to play with AX.25 in Scotland (where I lived at the time), as well as AMTOR and RTTY. Playing with new things and experimenting with them gave a me thrill and a lot of satisfaction once I'd not only got something to work, but knew how it worked.

Unfortunately for various reasons, I stopped experimenting and learning for a period of over 20 years - my amateur radio operations consisted of a CQ call through a repeater while mobile and perhaps the odd reply to a GB2RS broadcast on a Sunday morning.

Recently however I had occasion to visit an old friend and was fascinated by his DMR set in the car. To me, this is what radio was all about. The result was I dug my hand into my pocket and bought a Kenwood TH-D74E (mainly because I used to have a TH-D7E) and a pi-star hotspot.

That's when the trouble started! Bearing in mind two things (a) I've been out of touch with amateur radio for over 20 years and (b) during that period of time, my brain has aged as well, I am in very grave danger of having to ask people for help!

That explains my presence on this forum, so if I ask incredibly stupid, obvious questions, please cut me some slack!

Thanks for reading this.

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Forum Etiquette.

Post by MW0MWZ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:14 am

Welcome aboard the board!
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk