Pi 3 B+ Still in Beta?

Help with Raspberry Pi Foundation Boards (Raspberry Pi, Pi Zero, Pi Zero W, Pi A, Pi B, Pi B+, Pi2 B, Pi3 B, Pi 3 B+)
k0nga

Pi 3 B+ Still in Beta?

Post by k0nga »

Any idea when the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ will be out of beta? I'm running a ZUMspot RPi on the 3 B+ and it seems to be working great. Let me know if I can contribute to getting the image out of Beta in some way.
N4NQY

Re: Pi 3 B+ Still in Beta?

Post by N4NQY »

I was wondering also, especially since there is a new or updated image posted for the old Pi 3.

At one time there was some talk of full and better support in Pi-Star Version 4 which would be built on Stretch, but nothing on this either for a few months.

I have move exclusively to the 3B+ boards and would like to see a some progress or update on the progress of a fully supported image. Seems every week or 10 days I have to go back the Beta image, rebuild my SD card and do al the updates because of some glitch or other. Not really complaining but wondering.

jb N4NQY
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

I've been running Pi-STar beta on my RPi 3B+ based hotspot almost since it was first made available, and haven't had any issues with it. The dashboard keeps getting updated as usual, so you do get new features and fixes even when you're running the beta version. The Pi-Star team has made it very clear that things will get integrated when Pi-Star 4 is released, which they are working on, but don't have a release date for. For more info, see this previous post: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=129&p=4527&hilit=beta#p4527
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
M0GLJ

Post by M0GLJ »

Sorry Guys but the developers that provide you a free product have real jobs that earn them real money to pay bills. You are more than welcome to develop your own if the speed at with the volunteer team work is too slow for you