Struggling Like MAD!

Help with Raspberry Pi Foundation Boards (Raspberry Pi, Pi Zero, Pi Zero W, Pi A, Pi B, Pi B+, Pi2 B, Pi3 B, Pi 3 B+)
M7LAA

Struggling Like MAD!

Post by M7LAA »

Hi,

I have a DVMEGA, which has stopped working completely. I have re-flashed the SD Card with what I think is the correct files using Belena, but I still only get the main Red light and the flashing Red light, no green light to say it is working. If I try to connect to the pi-star dashboard, the message I get is the page cannot connect.

Any info at all would be very helpful.

Regards,

Andy
M7LAA
M7LAA

Re: Struggling Like MAD!

Post by M7LAA »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the correct image file (4.1.5_21) and flashed it using the Belena software which gives me a "success" on completion. The dvmega is hard wired to my router which picked up the wifi before but won't now.

I'm not sure why I cannot get connected and having watch a huge amount of youtube vidoes and read loads of other info on various sites, I simply cannot get the problem sorted. I'm half way to throwing it in the bin tbh lol.

Regards,

Andy
M7LAA
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

M7LAA wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:03 am Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the correct image file (4.1.5_21) and flashed it using the Belena software which gives me a "success" on completion. The dvmega is hard wired to my router which picked up the wifi before but won't now.
If you've just created a fresh OS image on the SD card, then you have NO Wi-Fi configuration telling it what to connect to. You also would not have the configuration files that tell the R-Pi what radio board you have, what frequency to use, what call sign/DMR ID, etc.

Note: technically, the DV-MEGA is just the amateur radio board piggybacking onto a Raspberry-Pi. It is the R-Pi that connects to a router, and provides the web server used to make configuration changes.
I'm not sure why I cannot get connected and having watch a huge amount of youtube vidoes and read loads of other info on various sites, I simply cannot get the problem sorted. I'm half way to throwing it in the bin tbh lol.
If you are using a cable connection to the router, log into the router and see what name/IP # has been assigned to the R-Pi, try using that IP # in a browser to connect.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M7LAA

Post by M7LAA »

Hi,

Thanks for all of your help guys, it really is giving me more things to try. I have done exactly what the notes say - created a new flash image and also used the wifi builder and put the file into the boot section as instructed, but still nothing.

I have also logged into my router and cannot see the rpi there either.

On pistar I notice there are some dvmega tools and was wondering if I need to download those also?

Regards,

Andy
M7LAA
Attachments
rpi dvmega.jpg
rpi dvmega.jpg (85.88 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
rpi dvmega.jpg
rpi dvmega.jpg
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

KE7FNS wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 pm Maybe someone who has a DVMega will be able to help.
My DV-Mega is mounted to a regular R-Pi3B, so no help there... And none of my 5 R-Pis (2x3B, 2x3B+, 1x4B) has USB/power jack adjacent to the SD-card slot.

Off-hand, that configuration is found on at least some of the Orange-Pi models. But I can't seem to match the offset of the RJ-45 jack vs the USB/power jack to any of the Orange-Pi Zero models. It definitely does not match the ODroid SBC.

Best match I found is http://nanopi.io/nanopi-neo.html

The newest images for ODroid and Nano-Pi are Pi-Star v3.4.17.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
K5ZIA

Post by K5ZIA »

M7LAA wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:26 pm Any info at all would be very helpful.
That's a DVMega EuroNode, not a Pi-based DVMega. Suggest you contact them for instructions, since it may need a custom image.

https://www.dvmega.nl/euronode/
M7LAA

Post by M7LAA »

Hi Everyone,

I can’t thank you enough for your support and comments. I have now gone back to the supplier who has replied saying that they are going to provide the “image” and a backup package on their product page. This really is what I was hoping for so that I can reset it as if it had just been sent from the factory.

I’ll let you know how I get on so that if there are any other problems or members who need help, this might solve the problem for them too.

Thanks,

M7 LAA
Andy
dh3ybe

Post by dh3ybe »

Hi Andy

Thanks for your update.

BR
Kai
dh3ybe
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Much of Guss and Rudys stuff is based on using Nano pi hardware.
Although pistar is employed on some of their stuff, its a custom realease provided to them and not one thats generally available to you the end user. So its up to them if they decide to share it.
And it looks like they did and glad they have, to help you out.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M7LAA

Post by M7LAA »

Hi,

Thanks to all that offered the help in solving my issue which I continued to struggle with as I believe the sd-image was probably corrupt. Despite little help from the supplier, I emailed the manufacturer and got a reply within 24 hours with a link to a new sd-image which I have flashed to my sd card and all is working fine.

I am now going to configure everything so I hope that bit goes equally as well.

Thanks, once again!

Regards,

Andy
M7LAA