Pi-Star Updating of OrangePi & NanoPi

Help with the Orange Pi Zero
K1IMD

Pi-Star Updating of OrangePi & NanoPi

Post by K1IMD »

Does anyone know if there are plans to upgrade the OrangePi and/or NanoPi from 3.4.x to 4.1.x?

I have a couple boards that have those processors.

I cannot upgrade the firmware as the 3.4.x will not run on firmware versions newer than Version 2019013 to take advantage of updated code.

Jon
K1IMD
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Pi-Star Updating of OrangePi & NanoPi

Post by KE7FNS »

K1IMD wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:07 pm Does anyone know if there are plans to upgrade the OrangePi and/or NanoPi from 3.4.x to 4.1.x?

I have a couple boards that have those processors.
It appears that those platforms have been abandoned.

I would just buy official RPi boards if you want to run newer software.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
oh5bzr

Post by oh5bzr »

hi, buing new harware is not solution. Could you give guide how tp start buulding firmware to Orange Pi ? Or dose orangePi missing something that rasberry has?
73' de OH5BZR
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

oh5bzr wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:53 am hi, buing new harware is not solution. Could you give guide how tp start buulding firmware to Orange Pi ?
Yes buying new hardware is a solution to your problem, its incredibly cheap too, its not like we are talking about having to spend thousands of dollars to buy new equipment we are talking about about 5 to 25 dollars American. I realize you don't WANT to buy an official RPi board, but you caused yourself this conundrum when you purchased an Orange Pi in the first place.

Here's a simple guide since I don't have the hardware to go into greater details.

1. Install OS on Orange Pi.
2. download, compile and install all the required software.
3. configure and test
oh5bzr wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:53 am Or dose orangePi missing something that rasberry has?
Yes, it is. It is missing a large user base, meaning that a developers time is best spent developing software for a device that is more commonly used.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: