NextionDriver vanished !

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
2E0LGZ

NextionDriver vanished !

Post by 2E0LGZ »

Hi All i had to change my hotspot modem and replace it with a DVMEGA board on my raspberry pi now i have lost my ‘NextionDriver’ in the config menu i have read in another post that you have to SSH into pistar and go to something like usr/dev etc
does anyone have the proper command for this procedure as i am at a loss as to how and remove the nextiondriver file from one folder to another ?
your help would be very much appreciated
Gary 2E0LGZ
WU0V

Re: NextionDriver vanished !

Post by WU0V »

Gary, not sure if this is the procedure you want, take with a grain of salt. I used it to get the entry “/dev/ttyNextionDriver” into the drop down menu on my config page. Another Forum user posted it some weeks ago.

SSH
rpi-rw (may not be necessary since the next command puts you temporarily in superuser mode)
sudo cp /usr/local/bin/NextionDriver /dev/ttyNextionDriver
Exit

Then reboot* so the system can pick up the /dev/ttyNextionDriver file and incorporate it into the drop down menu.

Hope this helps.

Lee

*sometimes I think a reboot, also called a warm boot, doesn’t release everything in memory. If things still seem strange, a shutdown/unplug/pause at least 10 seconds/plugin (a cold boot) allows the system to load everything anew. If that doesn’t help at least you’ve only wasted a minute. Luck to you.
2E0LGZ

Re: NextionDriver vanished !

Post by 2E0LGZ »

Thanks Lee it worked !