Format SD Card to Work on Nextion in windows 10

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
W9KJO

Format SD Card to Work on Nextion in windows 10

Post by W9KJO »

I have a new laptop with windows 10 on it :( when I format the SD card to fat 32 on windows 10 the Nextion Display will not recognize it.

Any one know a fix for this. My old windows 7 laptop has keys that stopped working, unfortunately. I'm sure finding drivers for this laptop in Windows 7 will be impossible.

There must be a way?

73 W9KJO
2E0LGZ

Re: Format SD Card to Work on Nextion in windows 10

Post by 2E0LGZ »

Try use a seperate formatting software i use a different one than the standard windows one i think its called ‘SD Formatter’
Gary 2E0LGZ
N3MNT

Post by N3MNT »

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO »

N3MNT wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 am You need to format with this.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html
Thank you very much this works on Windows 10. It is very slow to format but the format is usable.

Thanks

73, W9KJO
K8HIT

Post by K8HIT »

W9KJO wrote:
Thank you very much this works on Windows 10. It is very slow to format but the format is usable.

Thanks

73, W9KJO
Use windows to format the sd. The type of formatting is what's throwing you off the success path. FAT16 or FAT32 is the type of format you need on the sd card. FAT32 is preferred.

Downloading utilities has potential attack vectors in regards to cyber security. Try to avoid doing do as part of your cyber defense plan.
W9KJO

Post by W9KJO »

K8HIT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm
W9KJO wrote:

Thanks

73, W9KJO
Use windows to format the sd. The type of formatting is what's throwing you off the success path. FAT16 or FAT32 is the type of format you need on the sd card. FAT32 is preferred.

Downloading utilities has potential attack vectors in regards to cyber security. Try to avoid doing do as part of your cyber defense plan.
I selected Fat 32 in Windows 10 and it did not recognize the format in the Nextion display. The download utility worked great.

73, W9KJO
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

K8HIT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm Downloading utilities has potential attack vectors in regards to cyber security. Try to avoid doing do as part of your cyber defense plan.
Unless someone has hijacked the DNS system, a utility from the SD Card Organization should be safe -- they, themselves, state that one should not obtain formatters from other sites.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
K8HIT

Post by K8HIT »

AF6VN wrote:
K8HIT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm Downloading utilities has potential attack vectors in regards to cyber security. Try to avoid doing do as part of your cyber defense plan.
Unless someone has hijacked the DNS system, a utility from the SD Card Organization should be safe -- they, themselves, state that one should not obtain formatters from other sites.
I agree with your assessment for this one utility. I was speaking in more general terms.

K8HIT

Post by K8HIT »

W9KJO wrote:
K8HIT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm
W9KJO wrote:

Thanks

73, W9KJO

I selected Fat 32 in Windows 10 and it did not recognize the format in the Nextion display. The download utility worked great.

73, W9KJO
In Win 10 you also have to deselect quick format. That's why the sd format utility took so much longer. Just trying to help.