Model 8 Display fonts.

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
W9KJO

Model 8 Display fonts.

Post by W9KJO »

On the DMR screen the "t2" field display the station being heard,

Most of the time the font is large and the station Call and Name displays

For other stations the font is very small and displays the station Call and DMR ID

Where is this font size controlled. That small font is just tiny, way too small to be useful. It needs to be resized and the station Name is by far preferred over DMR ID. How would I adjust these values?

It is more than just adjusting the font in the Nextion Editor as some overrides the values I put in this field for the stations that display very small.

Thanks and 73, Walter
KE0FHS

Re: Model 8 Display fonts.

Post by KE0FHS »

Just a wild guess, but try moving the t2 field to see whether there is another field behind it that is configured for the DMR ID when the Name isn't available, and is set up with a smaller font.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
W9KJO

Post by W9KJO »

Thought about the second field too but that is not the case.

Upon closer examination what is happening is that for some operators it comes up with the Call and Name normal size and then immediately reduces in size to very small font and replace the Name with the DMR ID.

I am looking for a way to make this stop.

On other operators it just displays the Call and Name at normal size.

73 Walt
AK9F

Post by AK9F »

W9KJO wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:39 am Thought about the second field too but that is not the case.

Upon closer examination what is happening is that for some operators it comes up with the Call and Name normal size and then immediately reduces in size to very small font and replace the Name with the DMR ID.

I am looking for a way to make this stop.

On other operators it just displays the Call and Name at normal size.

73 Walt
The displayed information is returned from the DMR network.
The coding of the s0 script for the DMR page display automatically adjusts the font size so that the entire user id string can be displayed in the text field.
The only suggestion I have would be to use the Nextion Editor to change the display program to use a scrolling text field instead of a text field for the t2 (and if displayed, the t0 field). If you make this change then you can remove the font size code from the DMR page s0 script.