Newbie needs help adding nextion screen to ZUMspot

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
KB4NC

Re: Newbie needs help adding nextion screen to ZUMspot

Post by KB4NC »

Making progress using the USB to TTL converter - no luck using the microSD cards 10 (16GB SanDisk ultra plus micro 10). I was able to put a TFT file up on the nextion screen, but it isn't functional. I think I am good to go at this point, just got find a good TFT for my Nextion display NX4832K035_011 and configure it to my Zumspot - Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO).

Cheers!
Manny KB4NC
N3MNT

Post by N3MNT »

Few questions.
You said you copied the compiled file to the SD card. Did you format the SD card correctly prior to copying it?
When you boot the Display with the SD card installed in the slot, Power it up with only power and ground ( no TX/RX). You should see it loading the display file and finally say display file loaded correctly. Remove the SD card. Just booting up with power and gnd you should see the display template with data missing.
Now connect TX/RX to zumspot and boot up zumspot/pi
KB4NC

Post by KB4NC »

Thank you. I will try that tonight when I get home from work. Also, my understanding is that I have to configure the MMDVM Host configuration Display: Type = Nextion, port = modem and then select a Nextion layout from the drop down selection. The only ones there are G4KLX and three from ON7LDS. Dumb question but how do I tell which one to select? How do the selections get in there? Do I need to make any changes in the Expert area? I apologize for asking so many questions but trying to understand new things :roll:

Cheers!
Manny
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

For explanation, see this post by Ryan, WA6HXG: viewtopic.php?p=1444#p1444

Also see his GitHub page, which has a lot of great info: https://github.com/WA6HXG/MMDVM-Nextion-Screen-Layouts
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
KB4NC

Post by KB4NC »

THANK YOU to everyone who helped me with this issue!! I finally got it working. It turns out I had to run a jumper wire from one of the 5v GPIO pins on the ZumSpot board. That was the last thing I needed to do. I greatly appreciate everyone's contributions!! Stitching all the clues together finally made it work.

73's
Manny KB4NC