Hangtime max setting

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
W9KJO

Hangtime max setting

Post by W9KJO »

Does anyone know what the hangtime max setting can be set to?

What is the difference between various mode hangtimes on configuration page default at 20 each and the RFModeHang and NetModeHang both set at 300 on Expert/mmdvm?

I only use DMR, no cross modes and I which to extend how long the nexion screen stays on DMR before it resets to idle.

Thanks and 73, W9KJO, Walter
KE0FHS

Re: Hangtime max setting

Post by KE0FHS »

Following, as I'm also interested in learning the answer to the difference between the settings on the Configuration page and in the Expert Editor.

As far as I understand and from what I have experienced, if you're using your hotspot in a single mode, there's no significant difference between, for example, Listening DMR and just plain Listening, since the hotspot is listening only to the one mode anyway. So I don't think you'd gain much of anything by increasing the hang time.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
W7DTH

Re: Hangtime max setting

Post by W7DTH »

Has anyone experimented with RFModeHang or NetModeHang times...I am curious if I set this to say 60 will it then pick up traffic quicker between my two static DMR talkgroups. Any direction to as what these two settings do would be greatly apricated.

73, Steve