Model 8 and Groups.txt and stripped.csv

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
KE2SJ

Model 8 and Groups.txt and stripped.csv

Post by KE2SJ »

Hi-
I'm using a 3.5" Nextion enhanced with the Driver installed and working. I use a Model 8 and want to display user info (e.g.., call, name, qth, country) and TG info (names and numbers). I followed the instructions and uploaded /usr/local/bin and commented out the DRMID file location in MMDVM.ini. I used the stripped.csv from the MD380TOOLS FB group, which is formatted just like the older version posted on Rob's repo. The groups.txt was taken from Rob's repo, All are in ascending order by ID. At first, only DMR IDs would appear with names for a handful of stations. Then I CHMODded the the dbs to 777 and I got calls and more names to appear. But I still don't get any qth info for anyone and get calls and names for many but not all. I've looked for patterns but found that the stations displaying no info had identically formatted entries in the db as everyone else.

And no data appearing for TGs - exactly the same as before I made the changes. I've tried ever.thing but can't get this to work. I know it can because I've seen in work in a video clip. Any help appreciated! Many thanks! If you want to see my db files or mmdvm.ini, email me at [email protected].

KE2SJ
KE2SJ

Re: Model 8 and Groups.txt and stripped.csv

Post by KE2SJ »

UPDATE - chmodding stripped.csv got me call signs back, but still no QTHs or TG Info from groups.txt. Just to bring you up to speed:

I'm using the 3.5" model 8 dash. I downloaded stripped.csv from the MD380Tools guys (identical in format to an older version posted by Rob in his repo) and groups.txt from Rob's repo. I uploaded them to /usr/bin/local. Driver installed and working. I commented out the DMRId location in MMDVM.

When I key up, all I see is name and call displayed, nothing else like QTH and country. As fr TG, It still shows the TG group number and that's it And for my LastHeards separate screen, 95% of entries are just Calls without names. Things worked better before I made the changes. I will probably revert to the old setup. Both files are in ascending order by DMRID.
n9mxq

Post by n9mxq »

Pretty sure this is due to the European privacy act that passed last year. They only allow Call and name to be displayed. The rest of the database followed suit for easier editing.
Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

But the csv lists don't take into account laws, they're just lists of data to be called up by HMI....
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

KE2SJ wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 am But the csv lists don't take into account laws, they're just lists of data to be called up by HMI....
I think Rob is correct. When the GDPR went into effect, the CCS7 ID registration system changed to comply with the new law (see https://register.ham-digital.org/data_protection.ENG). As I understand it, that's why registrations for Europe and Africa (https://register.ham-digital.org/) are now handled separately from the rest of the world (https://www.radioid.net/register#!). The csv lists are drawn from those master lists. On the ham-digital.org site, they even say, "Some lists may show additional data which are transmitted live by your radio, like personal text, geo-location etc.. We do not store this data and feel not responsible for it."
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm