Nextion screen in simple steps

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
M7PUG

Nextion screen in simple steps

Post by M7PUG »

I’d be really grateful if anyone could talk me through the procedure to get a Nextion enhanced screen working please!

I have a RPi3b+ and Chinese MMDVM duplex board working fine with pi star etc.

I installed the 4 pin header to the Nextion holes on the MMDVM, connected the screen with correct rx to TX etc and installed the drivers etc using the on7lds tool via ssh. All checks out ok in the checking tool.

The issue is the screen does not fire up at all. I selected screen type = Nextion, port was defaulted to Nextion driver and the various screen layouts were available but no combinations work.

I feel I’m missing something fundamental, such as not doing anything with the SD card slot on the screen, but I’m struggling to find a straightforward guide on the web and it’s my first foray into such tasks.

Edit to add: I only connected the 4 leads to the Nextion section of the MMDVM. Is it necessary to take power from one of the RPi pins?
Thanks in advance
M7PUG

Re: Nextion screen in simple steps

Post by M7PUG »

Update: I added a suitable TFT file to the SD card and repaired the power lead as my soldering wasn’t up to scratch. All working now but I need to configure the screen in Nextion editor
m1cdq

Post by m1cdq »

my nextion screen is connected to my mmdvm board
pi star configuration screen
mmdvm display = Nextion
Port = Modem
nextion layout =ON7LDS L3HS
I3YBD

Post by I3YBD »

Nextion-Pistar.jpg