Nextion screen frequency text line

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
K2RHK

Nextion screen frequency text line

Post by K2RHK »

Rob, I'm using your excellent 3.2 inch single TS v. 2.10 Nextion screen. It works perfectly. I have just a small question. The Tx/Rx frequency is fixed text at 433.575MHz. As it turns out I use 433.000 for Tx/Rx. It's not a major thing, but I'd like to change the frequency to 433.000. I know how to substitute the images in the Editor, and I've changed the .psd files -- but I just can't find a graphics program which will let me change the frequency text line in the .png files. I've tried PhotoShop, Paint.net, and the old Windows Paint. They let me open the .png files but the frequency text line is locked. Can you give me an idea how to make this small change? If it's a major matter, then I won't bother. I just wanted to get the screen completely correct for my setup.
Thanks again for the great screen, Alan, k2rhk
PD0DIB

Re: Nextion screen frequency text line

Post by PD0DIB »

The frequencies are 'programmed' as a text field in the Nextion Editor.
If you open the .hmi file, you see the frequency, click on it and see in the right column (half way) the txt with the frequency. Edit that text to your frequency and save the (new) .hmi file for upload to your screen...
-------------------------------
PD0DIB
Playing around with all types of hotspots (simplex & duplex) for DMR, YSF/C4FM and D-Star.
Most of them has a Nextion screen ...

73 de PD0DIB (since 1977 8-) )
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Rob,

Since MMDVMHost knows what the frequency is, it should be possible to pass that information - if I get time I'll see if I can add that, although I am unlikely to get to this for some time :(
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
K2RHK

Post by K2RHK »

I’ve tried to edit that line in the Editor. If I select in the Page box on the upper right, say, 1 DStar, the display shows the DStar screen with the frequency text at the bottom. If I click on the text, the Attribute column shows entries for id, objname, type, vscope, pic, xywh. But no entry displaying the actual text for the frequency. I believe it’s showing the general attributes for the picture but not specifically for the text line at the bottom. That’s why I figured I’d edit the text in the .png files in the artwork and pull the edited .png's into the Editor to replace the existing artwork. But, while I can open the .png files in Photoshop, I can’t edit the frequency text line. It looks like a layer that I can’t access. That’s what's got me stumped. Thanks, Alan, k2rhk
PD0DIB

Post by PD0DIB »

Alan, did you read the Tutorial for Nextion screens? It is in the file section of the Nextion _ Ham radio screen facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nextion/). That is explaining adding / changing that type of info. I call it "static' info, since it is not sended by MMDVMHost as the actual frequency, set in Pi-Star (.ini file)

This is how all dynamic fields are working: MMDVMHost sends info to for example txt0 field page DMR (Received call sign and TA data), tx1 field page DMR (Talkgroup receiving), etc.
So, adding dynamic info to the Nextion means code changes in MMDVMHost...
"Static" info is added via the Nextion Editor, explained in the mentioned Tutorial...
-------------------------------
PD0DIB
Playing around with all types of hotspots (simplex & duplex) for DMR, YSF/C4FM and D-Star.
Most of them has a Nextion screen ...

73 de PD0DIB (since 1977 8-) )
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

Rob, would it be possible to place a copy of your very good tutorial doc somewhere outside the Facebook ecosystem for those who don't use FB?

I'm late :D but job done: all FAQ, Tutorial and write-up's (or whatever you name those) are on github from now on, see:
www.github.com/PD0DIB and click the proper repository. It's all in subfile (map) docs
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
K2RHK

Post by K2RHK »

Rob, Thanks, I will read the tutorial. I thought I could puzzle it out with hammer and screwdriver, but I guess not. It’s time to actually know what I’m doing with the screens! Thanks again, Alan
G0NMY

Post by G0NMY »

KE0FHS wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:48 pm Rob, would it be possible to place a copy of your very good tutorial doc somewhere outside the Facebook ecosystem for those who don't use FB?
Ok here is the file I downloaded it to my dropbox for non FaceBook Members

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqr3q6g3i5zsz ... 3.zip?dl=1

:D
¡ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ