Additional USB port required for Nextion

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
PA2TSL

Additional USB port required for Nextion

Post by PA2TSL »

I am using my Nextion 3.2 "" screen together with a TTL-USB adapter which is connected to one of my RPI 3b USB ports.
In addition, my DVMega/ Bluestack combination which is my 'modem' is also using an USB port.
It appears that in both cases USB0 is used in Pi-Star for both ports, and this results in a port conflict, so MMDVMHost will not work...
It is not possible to select a particular USB port in the modem type in the general configuration screen (default is always USB0).
This is the same port as for the Nextion USB adapter.
I can change the modem USB port to USB1 in the MMDVMHost configuration screen (Expert mode).
This works fine! The other way (USB1 for the Nextion USB port) will not work.
However, the chosen modem port will return to USB0 when making changes in the main configuration and applying it...
So my question: is it possible to prevent that the USB1 port reserved for the modem will be overwritten in the MMDVMHost ini file as soon as some change is made in the general configuration page??
DD9DR

Re: Additional USB port required for Nextion

Post by DD9DR »

You are looking for UDEV-rules.
That's the way to assign fixed dev-nodes to physical devices.
VK7HSE

Re: Additional USB port required for Nextion

Post by VK7HSE »

DD9DR wrote:You are looking for UDEV-rules.
That's the way to assign fixed dev-nodes to physical devices.
The OP has raised the issue of of using two ttyUSBx that the selection of the connection is limited to only /dev/ttyUSB0 in the web-ui drop down menu, but if you have two devices attached (USB MMDVM device and Nextion screen) then you can only really select the one because the extra ttyUSBx don't populate the drop down menu.

Your absolutely right with the use of udev rules to make static assignments, and you can certainly do this, but that drop down menu still won't reflect the end results though... Image

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk