Its time to update the Nextion Driver to 1.16

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
KE7FNS

Re: Its time to update the Nextion Driver to 1.16

Post by KE7FNS » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:15 am

biased.png
biased.png (20.61 KiB) Viewed 148 times
A biased example?? The Nextion instructions I posted were captured directly from the serial port, how is that biased? Yes, I removed a few unneeded lines here and there, but they have no effect on if your screen displays things correctly or not. You are simply blowing smoke and trying to make it out that I'm purposely strategically sabotaging things to make your code fail, that is far from the case. You keep trying to spin this and make this is about hatred, when this is really about you publicly defaming and blaming the Nextion Driver rather than accepting the problem is with your own work.

If you can't stand that the Nextion Driver is being updated, then simply follow your own advice and quit using it completely like you said you would a few revisions back. Remember when you got all upset when things first failed? That would simply solve all of your problems (and mine too), instead you choose to repeatedly keep causing further damage to the Nextion Driver spreading false claims with no proof that it is faulty.

When a less complicated screen can display the information from the Nextion Driver perfectly fine and yours cannot a child could deduce where the problem is at. I'm not sure why you keep attempting to convince everyone that the problem is with the Nextion Driver. You should be smart enough to realize by now that I'm going to refute that by all means necessary while at the same time providing proof to my statements. When you finally quit attacking and blaming the Nextion Driver, I'll stop needing to post these counterarguments. I'm just trying to inform and educate the readers that might not be so knowledgeable on the inner workings of a Nextion, and to disperse the smoke screen you repeatedly attempt to deploy.

Here is an unbiased test example, with no serial messages removed this time, captured directly from the Nextion port on my MMDVM_HS_Duplex_Hat, only the names of the innocent were changed for privacy reasons. I'm sure he'll grasp at straws searching for some new excuse.

Code: Select all

page DMR
MMDVM.status.val=3
click S0,1
t0.txt="1 Listening"
t18.txt=""
t19.txt=""
t20.txt=""
t21.txt=""
t22.txt=""
MMDVM.status.val=68
click S0,1
t22.txt=""
MMDVM.status.val=61
click S0,1
dim=100
t2.txt="2 N N1XX XX"
t13.txt="XXXX"
t14.txt="XX XXXXX"
t15.txt="Los Angeles"
t16.txt="California"
t17.txt="United States"
MMDVM.status.val=78
click S0,1
t17.txt="United States"
MMDVM.status.val=70
click S0,1
t3.txt="TG3100"
t8.txt="USA - Nationwide (Bridge)"
MMDVM.status.val=73
click S0,1
MMDVM.status.val=72
click S0,1
It makes no difference at all, his screen programming still fails.

Simply load up my screen and test it yourself, both in the simulator or standalone on a Nextion.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2196
All views, comments, posts and opinions shared are entirely my own.

KE7FNS

Post by KE7FNS » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:40 pm

So I was curious to see if I his screens work in older versions of the Nextion Driver, and if I could find a major difference between the serial messages in the older versions. I found a backup of the code for 1.13 and complied it.

Here is its serial capture for the same DMR page:

page DMR
MMDVM.status.val=3
click S0,1
t0.txt="1 Listening"
MMDVM.status.val=61
click S0,1
dim=100
t2.txt="2 N N1XX XX"
t13.txt="XXXX"
t14.txt="XX XXXXX"
t15.txt="Los Angeles"
t16.txt="California"
t17.txt="United States"
MMDVM.status.val=78
click S0,1
t17.txt="United States"
MMDVM.status.val=70
click S0,1
t3.txt="TG3100"
MMDVM.status.val=73
click S0,1
MMDVM.status.val=72
click S0,1
As you can see it is identical except for lines 5 through 12 (which is irrelevant because that is TS1 data, and the lower section we are interested in is TS2 section). Even the duplicate messages are there which only shows evidence that they have been there since the release of 1.13 and they are not something new that was a result of any of the updates since 1.13.

This all circles back to me showing proof (the github changes) that none of the serial messages or ordering have changed. Nobody is sabotaging the serial messages to disrupt and impede the programming of specific individuals.

KE7FNS

Post by KE7FNS » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:16 am

AG4OJ has now patched his screens (191018A) so that the instructions I posted now display correctly.

The key to the whole failure was this command:

MMDVM.status.val=72
click S0,1
When you leave out that last status.val instruction, even his older versions display the all of the information perfectly fine. Which further proves that there was never a problem with the Nextion Driver sending any data all along, it was all due to how he was handling the information after he received the MMDVM.status.val=72 instruction. The Nextion shouldn't be clearing any fields when the call ends.

The Nextion Driver was designed to automatically clear out and resend the blank user data fields itself when it detects MMDVMHost is in listening mode (which is why we saw the empty values being passed on lines 5-12 in the 1.13 version).

I would of told him all of this had he asked but obviously he doesn't want any help from me, although I'm sure all of this was useful to him in one way or another.

I'm glad he finally fixed the issue.

:ugeek: