flag in YSF mode not correct

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
pa1sw

flag in YSF mode not correct

Post by pa1sw »

Hello all

I’am using a HS Dual Hat Duplex MMDVM hotspot with a Nextion 3,5” screen
Everything is working perfectly. The only thing is in DMR mode the flags match perfect with the callsign, but in YSF mode most times the flag is not correct. I think because there is a extra letter on the screen for the callsign. Is it possible the correct this?

Thanks and 73!
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: flag in YSF mode not correct

Post by M1DNS »

Youll need to talk with whoever created the file you have loaded into ur nextion screen. Pistar has no management of what's displayed. When a mode type is recognised in MMDVMhost that triggers what the creator has programmed to be displayed on the screen.

Also. I've moved this into the nextion section of the group, as that's better suited to the posts topic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
pa1sw

Post by pa1sw »

okay tnx

73!
PD0DIB

Post by PD0DIB »

@PA1FS:
Just readed this post.....

The flag--code / lookup table is developed by me, many designers are using this table and code.
Can you be more specific:
1) Which .hmi file is in use (developer if known)
2) can you supply a YSF Host with 'Intrnational' traffic? I mostly monitor an USA Host which shows correct flag on US callsigns.

The lookup is basically simple: I have indeed a lookup, based on Callsign's first positions, mostly the first two or first three positions of the callsign (or more if needed). If the first position in YSF is not part of the original callsign, flag-lookup will mismatch the wrong flag.
I will monitor and, if I have some rare sparetime, will alter the lookup for YSF
-------------------------------
PD0DIB
Playing around with all types of hotspots (simplex & duplex) for DMR, YSF/C4FM and D-Star.
Most of them has a Nextion screen ...

73 de PD0DIB (since 1977 8-) )