RSSI Reading with Jumbospot

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
K2RHK

RSSI Reading with Jumbospot

Post by K2RHK »

Before I go completely nuts with this, does anyone have an idea why using a Pi2 or Pi3 and a Jumbospot I get BER readings but not RSSI? Before my Pi3B+ fried, I could get both readings with it. I’m using a Nextion 3.2 enhanced screen with USB to serial converter. I’ve tried loading three different screen layouts that display the readings with the same result. Thanks, Alan, k2rhk
wb6dtb

Re: RSSI Reading with Jumbospot

Post by wb6dtb »

Did you check in the Pi-Star Expert -- Rssi Dat section to see if the Rssi values are there? If not, search the Pi-Star Facebook group for Rssi and you should find a list of the values to type in to make it work.
K2RHK

Re: RSSI Reading with Jumbospot

Post by K2RHK »

Well, thank you very much, wb6dtb! I did a pi-star group search for RSSI and came up with the list of values posted by Matej Ravnikar in March. I entered them in the RSSI Data section, saved, and rebooted, and now I get both BER and RSSI readings for DMR on my Nextion screen. I can't explain why I got them with the Pi3B+, but am perfectly happy to put it down to another computer mystery. Thanks again. Alan, k2rhk