Fahrenheit display

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
KG6RUT

Fahrenheit display

Post by KG6RUT »

So I changed from Centigrade to Fahrenheit. Now my display shows both....it will flash the fahrenheit temp and then go back to centigrade for a few ticks, then shows fahrenheit and goes back again to centigrade....over and over. I could swear on a previous build that fahrenheit stuck and stayed that way.

So, is normal behavior to switch back and forth, or is something tweaked on my setup?

TIA
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Fahrenheit display

Post by KE7FNS »

KG6RUT wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:20 pm So, is normal behavior to switch back and forth, or is something tweaked on my setup?
Nope.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

um, since Nope cant answer the 2 questions at the same time, can you be more explicit? either its normal and I am good, or no it not normal and something IS tweaked....
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

KG6RUT wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:56 pm um, since Nope cant answer the 2 questions at the same time, can you be more explicit? either its normal and I am good, or no it not normal and something IS tweaked....
I answered it in the order it was asked, there was no point to answer the second question after answering the first.

Its NOT normal, you've screwed something up somewhere. I've heard of it happening, but I've never experienced it myself.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

interesting
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

KG6RUT wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 pminteresting
After doing a bit of research, it might not be something you've done.

Did you happen to reinstall/update the NextionDriver after Jan 11th? It seems ON7LDS made a mistake pushing code and uncommented a definition which is probably causing the dual messages. He's fixed it in the last push which was 13 hours ago, you might be able to run the installer again and answer yes to a reinstall and see if it pulls down the new updated code. I haven't tried a reinstall since he's added that reinstallation feature. If that doesn't work delete the NextionDriver binary manually and run the installer again.

KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

Much appreciated as that is probably the answer....

EDIT: that was the answer!