Nextion Display and Pi-Star 4.1.4 issues

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
wl7cli

Nextion Display and Pi-Star 4.1.4 issues

Post by wl7cli »

Hello,

I am having trouble with my Nextion Display not working after updating to Pi-Star 4.1.4 and could use some help. As long as I don’t select Nextion as my MMDVM Display my hotspot functions. Once I select Nextion as my display type the hotspot stops transmitting or receiving.

I installed the latest image of Pi-Star 4.1.4 on to a new Micro SD card. I first used SD Card Formatter to make sure it was clean then belenaEtcher to create the image. Went through all the configurations found that the Nextion driver was not installed. I installed the driver and selected Nextion display, port: /dev/ttyNextionDriver and Nextion Layout: ON7LDS L3 as I had been using prior to 4.1.4 and nothing, I could not connect by RF and nothing was showing in Gateway Activity either. I unselected the Nextion display and activity started for both RF and Gateway but nothing on the Nextion display. I then went to expert commands and compared my old configuration to the new and fond that under NextionDriver the port on the old had changed from modem to /dev/ttyAMA0 on the new. I changed that back and now my hotspot sends and receives RF and Gateway but nothing is showing on my Nextion screen.

For the Nextion driver I first did a uninstall and then a fresh install. This is the 2nd time I created a new image of 4.1.4

My setup is:
Raspberry Pi Zero W
ZUMSpot-Pi v0.4
Nextion 3.5 NX4832K035 connected to the 4 ZUMSpot headers
Pi-Star 4.1.4
wl7cli

Re: Nextion Display and Pi-Star 4.1.4 issues

Post by wl7cli »

Hello,

I got it up and running, thanks for the help.

I re-formatted the MicroSD card and flashed it with Pi-Star 4.1.4
Inserted it into the RPi Zero W
Powered it up and connected and set my configurations and applied the changes
I have Radio/Modem Type: ZUMSpot-Single Band RaspberryPi Hat (GPIO)
MMDVM Display Type: Nextion, Port: modem, and Nextion Layout: ON7LDS L3
I transmit and receive on my HT and info is showing in Dashboard and Admin. Basic information is showing on my Nextion display, Date time, RX frequency, my Call sign/DMR ID. It also shows partial contact info.
Opened Expert SSH Access and logged in
Cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/on7lds/NextionDriverInstaller.git
sudo NextionDriverInstaller/install.sh
install: Y
version 1.7 found to be installed
reboot: N

Repeated
Cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/on7lds/NextionDriverInstaller.git
sudo NextionDriverInstaller/install.sh
install: Y