Nextion driver disappering

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
AF5XP

Nextion driver disappering

Post by AF5XP »

i have been trying all day to get the NextionDriver is stay. Every time i put it in the dev folder and reboot it removes it and is no long in the directory. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to stay. I'm at a loss as to what could be going on with it :x .
AF5XP

Re: Nextion driver disappering

Post by AF5XP »

KE7FNS wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:02 am
AF5XP wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:40 pm i have been trying all day to get the NextionDriver is stay. Every time i put it in the dev folder and reboot it removes it and is no long in the directory. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to stay. I'm at a loss as to what could be going on with it :x .
That is because that is the incorrect way to do things. You DON'T copy it to the /dev/ folder.

You have a problem where the Nextion Driver is not running, or staying running. When you figure out that problem, it will create the entry in the /dev/ folder automatically and correctly.

What does the check_installation script report?

What do the Nextion Driver logs report?
First off, I am not a novice and understand you can't just move files around. I'm very familiar with Linux. I did the stupid script 15 times and re-flashed the image between each try in the coarse of the day and every time it will not install the driver and no trace of it being installed either. I has to be either a write permission issue or something changing it at boot. I followed this method with no positive results

1. Log into Pi Star SSH
2. Change directory to tmp
cd /tmp
3. Chance Pi to read / write mode
rpi-rw
4. Run the following commands and wait for each to finish
sudo git clone https://github.com/on7lds/NextionDriverInstaller.git
sudo NextionDriverInstaller/install.sh
5. It will then ask if you want to reboot Pi. ALWAYS select Yes
Type Y and press enter

Even the NextionDriverInstaller/check_installation.sh doesn't even work as well.