Unwanted item on screen...

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
M6XRM

Unwanted item on screen...

Post by M6XRM »

HI.

I've been experimenting with a new colour scheme on one of PD0DIB's MMDVM screens for my 3.5 screen....specifically on the DMR page.
Since changing the background colour from grey to black on my background image, i've been getting this little grey square appearing during RX. It flashes when the callsign field is changing and settles during the over, and stays there after the operator de-keys and the hotspot is "listening"...before the page disappears and returns to the "idle" page (where it is not present).
Here's a link to a video i posted on a Nextion page on Facebook....you can see it towards the lower right-hand corner of the screen:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nextion ... 2295487051

I'd like to find out what this is, and if possible either how to remove it...or to change it's colour to match the black background (it could be a vital attribute to the page).

If anyone can help...please holla back :)

M6XRM

Re: Unwanted item on screen...

Post by M6XRM »

KE7FNS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:59 pm It is a field that is used for temporarily storing data and moving it around to other fields.

You need to go into the editor and find it, it will be in the exact same location (X,Y) in the Nextion Editor so that will help you locate it. Then once you have it selected you need to move it to a layer that is further back using the menu tools.

Once you get it set to be on a background layer, it won't be drawn anymore.

You could also just change its color to match your background, but the best way is to setup the layering correctly.
Brilliant! Thank you!
I found the offending square about 3 layers down and re-sized & coloured. All good now!
Best 73!