Transistions between the different pages...

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
M6XRM

Transistions between the different pages...

Post by M6XRM »

Hi.

Can you change the way the pages transition between one and another? (DMR to IDLE for example)
My current HMI has a quick white wipe effect between screens which has an almost camera-flash effect.
Can this be changed to a black wipe to make the transition more subtle?

Cheers...73
M6XRM

Re: Transistions between the different pages...

Post by M6XRM »

KE7FNS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:40 pm
You should set the background of each page to the image you want, and not use a picture field. That will get rid of that lame white screen flash.
Hmmm...could you elaborate on the process for me? I have picked my backgrounds using the image picker up to now....is there a more solid way to do it?

Thanks...
M6XRM

Re: Transistions between the different pages...

Post by M6XRM »

KE7FNS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 pm
The way PD0DIB did things causes that white screen to be displayed.

There is a P0 field that has an image assigned to it.

The page is set to a solid color 65535 (in this case white).

So when the page is called, it loads the page which displays a white screen, and then loads the individual fields, which then loads the P0 field, that puts the image on the screen.

The best way to do it is to just assign the image to the page and not use a color.

In the Nextion editor select the page, go to the line where it has sta and choose image, instead of solid color. Then delete P0, as it is no longer needed. You may end up with items like what you reported earlier, so you'll have to set them to be invisible, or move them to a layer further back.
More fantastic advice!! Thank you soooo much!
All the best 73, Sir!!