Radio will not transmit with Nextion screen.

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
WB4SJN

Radio will not transmit with Nextion screen.

Post by WB4SJN »

I have a pi3B+ that has been working well. I added the nextion screen and it is operating as it should. It has all the information it is supposed to have. When I receive a signal it shows everything just as is supposed to.When I press the PTT on my radio nothing happens. A friend has 9 hotspots all with Nextion screen and all of them work perfectly. He is the one that assisted me setting up mine. Before I loaded the screen the pi was working perfectly. We have not been able to find the problem so I am hoping the forum can guide me. Many thanks for any help. 73.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Radio will not transmit with Nextion screen.

Post by KE7FNS »

WB4SJN wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:22 am I have a pi3B+ that has been working well. I added the nextion screen and it is operating as it should. It has all the information it is supposed to have. When I receive a signal it shows everything just as is supposed to.
When it receives a network transmission does your radio play the audio?
WB4SJN wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:22 am When I press the PTT on my radio nothing happens.
What frequency is your hotspot receiving on? and what frequency do you have programmed in your radio?

How is your nextion connected. USB/TTL adapter or directly to the MMDVM_HS board?

Please answer all of the questions with as much detail as possible.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

The TX/RX frequencies are 438.800. The screen is plugged into the pi3B+ USB port.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

WB4SJN wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:13 am The TX/RX frequencies are 438.800. The screen is plugged into the pi3B+ USB port.
Since the screen cannot plug directly into a USB port because a Nextion uses RS-232 which is incompatible with USB, I'll assume you are using a USB/TTL adapter and you really meant to say that the screen is plugged into a USB/TTL adapter and a USB/TTL adapter is plugged into the RPi.

I can't think of any valid reason why plugging in or configuring a Nextion would cause the RF receive of the hat to no longer work. You must of accidentally set some other configuration incorrectly in the process.

Hopefully you have a backup of the configuration before you installed the Nextion, and you can reload it and try again. If not then try starting over.

Ask your friend to assist you or do it for you since you seem to have such difficulty with Pi-star.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

Thank you for your concern. I found the problem. We had set the TX/RX offsets at -500. I checked a file from a long time ago and found that the offsets were 500 not -500. When I reset the offsets back to 500 the radio responded but with a BER over 5. I dropped the offset to 400 and the BER is now less than 1. 73.