Quick Question - and is there a text to learn to program Nextion?

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
KE2SJ

Quick Question - and is there a text to learn to program Nextion?

Post by KE2SJ »

I'm using the standard Pi-Star layout for my screen (GXXXXX). I'd like to modify it so the call of the person I'm chatting with remains on the screen throughout the QSO in D-Star Mode and DMR Mode. There's gotta be a way, and I'd love to be told how. But I'd also love to find a text on how to program Nextion so I can build/code my own HMI. Is such a text available?
KE0FHS

Re: Quick Question - and is there a text to learn to program Nextion?

Post by KE0FHS »

Rob van Rheenen, PD0DIB, has some great documentation. Visit his Nextion Ham-Radio Screens  Facebook group to find it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nextion/
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

Thanks for your reply, Yes, he does have great documentation and I'm a proud member of the Facebook group. But I'm looking for something that will teach me not only to modify basic parameters, but to program my own screens in Nextion code. In addition to finding out the answer to my question of what Pi-star pull-down option should I use screen layouts like those of PIODIB and others. Still searching for that that text and answer. I know it must exist...
f5swb

Post by f5swb »

Hello, I'm looking for also to a tutorial basic to learn how to send commands from the RPI to the nextion I think it's in python but I didn't find the nextion for dummies edition :)