Using Touchscreen for Wifi Access?

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
n5lub

Using Touchscreen for Wifi Access?

Post by n5lub »

Greetings all,

Any way to use a keyboard from a Nextion touchscreen to facilitate login to guest or wifi that requires the use of a browser to get a password assigned? More and more such WiFi that provide free Wi-Fi in offices and other public places require this. For those of us who can’t pay for expensive phone hotspot when on the road, it would seem logical to be able to use or incorporate a browser within The pie star system.
People use these Wi-Fi connections to watch movies and text, so a short dmr contact wouldn’t use anymore data.
The Nextion touchscreen Should be able to handle this provided A browser could be added.
Being new to this, I wouldn’t know if they’re already is a solution . I tried using my smart phone browser to login and get a password but it usually comes with a username. The Pi-star wifi Configuration panel does not ask for a Username, only a password. I have tried entering the password in pi-star wifi configuration panel,but cannot get the hotspot in. Perhaps the IP address of the phone comes into play, and when the hotspot tries to connect it shows a different IP address? ...I have tried entering the password, but cannot get in. Perhaps the IP address of the phone comes into play, when the hotspot tries to connect it shows a different IP address?
That works fine for friends and relatives and maybe some open Wi-Fi systems, but the vast majority are now using more secure systems which require logging in to apply for a password and username.

Any thoughts on this?

Mike N5lub