2.4" Nextion Model 8 Temperature Indication

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
G4GCL

2.4" Nextion Model 8 Temperature Indication

Post by G4GCL »

Hi

I'm a newcomer to this so please excuse my basic question. I have a model 8 simplex screen running and I have 1 or 2 problems. On the idle screen the temperature is displayed without problems (although the value is often different to the dashboard) but on the DMR screen I get either only the first digit or sometimes everything before the decimal point, never complete. The missing digits occasionally flash up but are not visible most of the time. This may happen on other screens but I only use DMR so I don't know. The other thing which I think may have fixed is the way that the flag is displayed for a certain prefix. I have just edited the timer event code on the DMR page and I'm just waiting for the prefix to show up to see if it's corrected.
Any ideas about the temperature display would be welcome. By the way I'm using the standard speed setting and not HS.

John
PD0DIB

Re: 2.4" Nextion Model 8 Temperature Indication

Post by PD0DIB »

John,
The screens (all sizes) will be updated soon, will look into the temp issue you reported (didn't receive that one earlier.
And yes, you have to select ON7LDS L3 (not HS); all published screens are for that layout.
HS is meanrt to be used for higher speed communication which isn't in use at the moment.
73, Rob
-------------------------------
PD0DIB
Playing around with all types of hotspots (simplex & duplex) for DMR, YSF/C4FM and D-Star.
Most of them has a Nextion screen ...

73 de PD0DIB (since 1977 8-) )
G4GCL

Post by G4GCL »

Hi Rob

I managed to get the temperature display on the DMR screen working (and probably on the other mode screens too) by moving it to the left and using left justified rather than centre. Why that works I'm not sure but it does! On the Dash screen I get no information but I'm not bothered about that or the Info screen. In fact I would like to remove those 2 screens and the buttons because I have the whole thing behind a Perspex panel to protect it in transit, which is why I'm so interested in seeing the temperature display when not on the idle screen.

By the way there are some problems in the way the flag display interprets certain Intermediate UK licences but I think I've corrected that.

Thanks for all your work on it Rob.

John
G4GCL

Post by G4GCL »

Hi
Last night whilst editing the home and DMR screens I found the problem with the temperature display on the DMR screen,
The problem was that there were hidden items under that field and by moving the text to the left I had avoided them.
I have moved them to an unused part of the screen and I can now do what I like with the temperature text.

I am still trying to work out how to remove the touch buttons and the associated screens but for the moment I have moved them to the background so that they cannot be seen.

I have corrected the UK flags and that seems to be working fine. I still have a lot to learn about this Nextion :D

John