OLED programming

All things relating to OLED Screen(s)
EA3BIL

Re: OLED programming

Post by EA3BIL »

KE7FNS wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:21 pm
A Nextion is an entirely different screen, but it is much easier for people to customize. They don't need to know any programming and can simply edit some graphics using MS Paint, or just use the Nextion Editor to add static text.
Is not as simple as MSPaint and some static text...

Yes, there are no "TONS" really needed to have a Nextion up and running, anyway...

If you want some "good looking", programming must be added to the Nextion.

You may just have a look to PD0DIB designs (Model 8 or Model 10) within GitHub, to see how does he deal to get the national FLAG showing on the screen taking advantage of Nextion Driver currently available within Pi-Star (I mean, no need to have it added as some versions ago...).

In fact, I did edit his HMI file to have it placed in my 2,4" T series screen on a Dual HS to have it also showing EA Regional flags, a "Parrot" when it's used and a funny drawing for myself.

Yep, it's not a "travel to Mars"... It's not "high programming skills", anyway, it isn't as "simple" as MSPaint and fixed texts. ;)
KE7FNS

Post by KE7FNS »

EA3BIL wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:42 pm
IMG file is within the ZIP file you can download from pistar.uk

YES, it's an IMG file.
WHAT??? :shock:

Are you saying you hex edited the SD card image???

I just.... SMH.

EA3BIL wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:59 pm Is not as simple as MSPaint and some static text...

Yes, there are no "TONS" really needed to have a Nextion up and running, anyway...

If you want some "good looking", programming must be added to the Nextion.

You may just have a look to PD0DIB designs (Model 8 or Model 10) within GitHub, to see how does he deal to get the national FLAG showing on the screen taking advantage of Nextion Driver currently available within Pi-Star (I mean, no need to have it added as some versions ago...).

In fact, I did edit his HMI file to have it placed in my 2,4" T series screen on a Dual HS to have it also showing EA Regional flags, a "Parrot" when it's used and a funny drawing for myself.

Yep, it's not a "travel to Mars"... It's not "high programming skills", anyway, it isn't as "simple" as MSPaint and fixed texts. ;)
Yes, it is that simple. The guy just wanted it to display his callsign, that can easily be done with loading whatever background image he wants in a paint program, and using the text tool to enter whatever text he wants, and then using the Nextion Editor to swap out the two images. To do static text it is even easier using just the Nextion editor to add it.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (85.79 KiB) Viewed 410 times

And yes, I even used MS Paint :ugeek:

You don't need ANY programming on a Nextion for it to display things like that. Sure if you want to get all complicated and throw up different flags based on the callsign that is received yes, but to always just display one specific callsign, it is incredibly easy.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL »

For a ONE TIME USE, I agree, it's that simple like that...