Using a 'Dual Colour' serial OLED screen?

All things relating to OLED Screen(s)
G0APM

Using a 'Dual Colour' serial OLED screen?

Post by G0APM »

I've used a couple of OLED screens, via serial (IIC/!2C) interface, single colour, works just great.

Might seems a daft question but if fitting a dual colour display, yellow blue for example, what will happen?
Will it display one colour, can the colour be changed? Will it/can it use both? Is there any point?
In fact has anyone tried this?

Too many questions :)

Thanks guys.
73 - Clem - G0APM - always tinkering
CO of Essex in the SE of England
N3VMT

Re: Using a 'Dual Colour' serial OLED screen?

Post by N3VMT »

Depending on your colour choice for instance yellow/blue, and screen orientation (default) blue will display mode and yellow rest of info. if rotated it can sometimes reverse the aforementioned display
G1VQV

Re: Using a 'Dual Colour' serial OLED screen?

Post by G1VQV »

I have a dual colour (Yellow/Blue) OLED... the displayed mode, D-STAR, DMR etc.. shows up bright yellow in the top 20% (or thereabouts) of the display and the rest of the info, below, is in blue. Looks great... however, one thing I might point out is that all the Yellow/Blue OLED I have seen on fleaBay (4 pin) have the VCC & Ground pins reversed... ie: (from left to right) GND, VCC, SCL, SDA. The JumboSpots (HS-Hats) require VCC,GND,SCL,SDA if you want to mount them directly on the Hat. I had to do some work on mine to cross-over the VCC & GND, but it works fine otherwise.
Steve.