OLED 1.3 Screen on HRO built ZUMSPOT IP addr not updated on OLED screen

All things relating to OLED Screen(s)
KB8AOB

OLED 1.3 Screen on HRO built ZUMSPOT IP addr not updated on OLED screen

Post by KB8AOB »

I have an HRO pre-built ZUMSPOT running on a pi-ZERO W with two wlans configured. The first is my phone and the second is my home wifi (different names, passwords, and resulting IP ranges).

If I am on the phone network and bring the unit into the home turning off the phone's power it switches over to the home wifi without a problem and the website for pi-star updates correctly but he wlan0 notation on the OLED screen remains showing the IP address of the phone and does not update to the new IP address as shown in the website even if the phone is completely off.

Pi-Star:3.4.17 / Dashboard: 20191220

OLED shows
wlan0: 172.20.10.2

Wireless Configuration section of configuration page shows
Interface Name : wlan0
Interface Status : Interface is up
IP Address : 172.16.0.115
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Mac Address : b8:27:eb:2b:98:47
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: OLED 1.3 Screen on HRO built ZUMSPOT IP addr not updated on OLED screen

Post by M1DNS »

Most prob because the ip info only gets passed to the screen on initial boot. Whilst the pi will auto connect to the new network. That part of the screen data doesn't refresh in MMDVMhost. So remains showing what's already loaded at the initial boot up process.

With the initial use case, ie a personal hotspot at home, Mmdvmhost (the software that amongst other things, caters to the screens) was never expected of users to be moving around on differing net connections.

Theoretically you should get an update if you open the config screen and press save changes anywhere within it, as that will stop then restart MMDVMhost. Which will then in theory pull in the new ip. But you might want to test that theory.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.