OLED Screensaver Variations

All things relating to OLED Screen(s)
mw1coe

OLED Screensaver Variations

Post by mw1coe »

So I have 3 Hotspots Running at the Moment.

During Screensaver

1 has IDLE running Horizontal across the Screen
1 has MMDVM Vertical
1 has 1 white Pixel like Snow across the Screen..

How can I make them the Same ?..

Thanks

Rob..

MW1COE
mw1coe

Re: OLED Screensaver Variations

Post by mw1coe »

All Pistar run v4.1,2
Dashboard 20200528

Rob..
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

In the configuration for each hotspot, are the Display Types, Ports and Layouts consistent with each other?
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

mw1coe wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:23 am How can I make them the Same ?..
That depends on if they are actually the same exact hardware. Its possible that you have two different MMDVM hats where the OLED mount is rotated 90 degrees. So you really need to inspect and identify the MMDVM PCB first to make sure they are identical.

If you do have the same exact hardware go into the Expert settings and make sure all the [OLED] settings are identical. Like if the one that the display is rotated has rotate=1 then change it to rotate=0.

If one of those displays is rotated 90 on the PCB, setting the rotate to orientate it correctly is just going to result in it only showing half of the display. 128x64 rotated now makes it only 64 wide but 128 long.

As far as the snow on the display, that could be display corruption caused by the wrong OLED type setting, or even a different chipset on the OLED. It could also be just a faulty OLED and you'll just have to replace it. You can get them for ~2 bucks all day long from China but shipping is going to be where it is going to cost you.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
NB2G

Post by NB2G »

i upgraded from vers 3 cant remember believe it was 3.14
did not have IDLE

using same and only pi-star burned new sd disk and installed 4.1
now at 4.3 dashboard 2021013

now have IDLE - new addition CW TX then IDLE

In Expert OLED LogoScreensaver tried other than 1 no help - most stopped screen saver

But not a hardware issue -

Bob NB2G