1.3" OLED from Ham Radio Outlet now working

All things relating to OLED Screen(s)
K7WTF

Re: 1.3" OLED from Ham Radio Outlet now working

Post by K7WTF »

aj6cu wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 am Hi

Just checked back and see that I may be alone in getting this to work. Let me know if you want me to check anyth8ng specific on my setup. Have not had any problems since my original post.

Mark
Your post helped me get mine working. Was thinking the OLED might be bad as it looked like the display output was corrupted (looked like old TV static), but changing the OLED type to 6 is what did the trick for me. Thanks Mark!

- Joey
KC9YFH

Post by KC9YFH »

I finally got mine working by installing the shim on a new RPi Zero. I reran the wires from the shin to the OLED as well and I’m now in business.
KH2PM

Post by KH2PM »

Changing the setting to 6 in the Expert settings worked. It was defaulted at 3. Thank you!

Edit Added:

Also, regrading the C4Labs case, I have seen fairly high temperatures without a case. Have
you had any issues with excessive heat buildup using the C4Labs case?
KC1MKC

Post by KC1MKC »

I purchased the zumspot kit at HRO in Atlanta last month and set it up. I found the screen was cracked when I removed the protective shield plastic. I returned it and got a new kit from HRO. Set this one up and the OLED hasnt lit up yet with all the instructions followed to the letter. Network wise its fine and shows that its connected...I'm at a loss, any ideas? Should I just run it as it is?
kp4aan

Post by kp4aan »

After reading some of these posts, it may be that those of you that are having troubles may have cold solder joints.
Andy Anderson - AA0WX, ex KP4AAN, KE0AYJ
N7DSG

Post by N7DSG »

Thank you! After reading your post I was able to fix my corrupted OLED screen on my ZUM SPOT by changing from type 3 to type 6 and it corrected the issue.
4. Now the magic, same as for another posting on a 1.3 OLED: In the Expert MMDVMHost section, in the OLED section, set the type to "6".
Dennis
N7DSG