New tool for you to play about with..

Announcements from the Pi-Star Admin Team
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

New tool for you to play about with..

Post by MW0MWZ » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:10 am

Code: Select all

[email protected](ro):~$ sudo pistar-findmodem 
Detected MMDVM_HS (GPIO) : /dev/ttySAC0 (MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat-v1.4.14 20181209 14.7456MHz dual ADF7021 FW by CA6JAU GitID #8d77ff3)
Detected Nextion (USB)   : /dev/ttyUSB0 (Model: NX3224T024_011R Serial: DE6788B2935E5731 Touch: Yes)
OK So its not that exciting, but this is just another small addition to the tool kit, this doesn't make guesses based on previous logs, it talks to the hardware to work out what it is, I see this being handy for when you don't know where your Nextion is (like if you have a modem on /dev/ttyUSB0 and a Nextion on /dev/ttyUSB1 - wouldn't it be great if we just worked out what is what and set them automatically.... well we actually could now).

Also if MMDVMHost is not starting, but you want to see what the modem is - it will display some information, handy for us when we are trying to help you figure stuff out.

What I don't have yet, is a means to figure out the Icom Terminal Adapter radios - but I have an alternate solution for those that I am working on.

Just to help set expectations here, if your Nextion is connected to your MMDVM board, this tool will *NOT* see it, so please don't report that as a bug.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk