Disconnect talkgroup

Suggest new features here
Ae4g

Re: Disconnect talkgroup

Post by Ae4g »

Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

ki4gst wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 am
Ae4g wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:50 pm I am unable to get this to work...

I have the Brandmeister API setup and I have the buttons on my Pi-Star dashboard. However, clicking them does not disconnect me from the talkgroup. My hotspot continues to transmit the last talkgroup I connected to.

This can be a real issue when connected to a busy talkgroup on a simplex hotspot. Any help would be appreciated.
I’ve found I have to hit drop QSO then quickly key the radio on a different talk group. .
Drop QSO drops the QSO, you could also remove the active TG and then drop QSO :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
Ae4g

Post by Ae4g »

MW0MWZ wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:27 pm
Drop QSO drops the QSO, you could also remove the active TG and then drop QSO :)
I’m not sure I catch what you are trying to say.

I thought you may be saying that we should first click “Drop All Dynamic” and then click “Drop QSO”. However, that sequence still does not produce the desired behavior.

Is there a way to disconnect from your current talkgroup on Pi-Star without doing anything on the radio?

The only thing I have gotten to work is as one of the previous posters suggested which is to drop QSO and then quickly connect to another TG. Otherwise the hotspot resumes transmitting the TG.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

On BM from a simplex hotspot, the last accessed dynamic TG becomes a pseudo-static group. BM keeps it around until you activate on a different TG -- which then becomes "static" and the previous TG will eventually time-out from inactivity.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
Ae4g

Post by Ae4g »

AF6VN wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:04 pm On BM from a simplex hotspot, the last accessed dynamic TG becomes a pseudo-static group. BM keeps it around until you activate on a different TG -- which then becomes "static" and the previous TG will eventually time-out from inactivity.
Thanks for the response

I understand that behavior from Brandmeister. The question is:

Is there a way to disconnect from your currently active TG using only the Pi-Star dashboard?
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Yes, on the admin page you can see what the current TGs are, you can remove them and drop the QSO - and you should be done.
If you are on a hot spot, the last one tends to be "sticky" by design, try connecting TG 4000 - that should drop any that are still stuck.

If you have a specific issue - like you ran into a way this is not working - rather than try to keep asking the same thing a different way - post the example for me to test out here and I'll see what's what.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
Ae4g

Post by Ae4g »

MW0MWZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:23 pm Yes, on the admin page you can see what the current TGs are, you can remove them and drop the QSO - and you should be done. <…>
My question is: How is that done? Exactly what button do I click to "remove them" as you say above? Unfortunately, I have to keep asking that question because it hasn't yet been specifically answered - my apologies if it is annoying. I'm fairly confident that the button I am supposed to click is "Drop All Dynamic". That makes sense, but, since it isn't working I'm looking for confirmation.

If, indeed, the button that I am supposed to click to "remove" the talkgroup is "Drop All Dynamic", then as I reported above, I have tried that many times. I also have had a friend try it who is running ver 4 of Pi-Star. We get the same results - it does not drop the TG.

Clicking "Drop All Dynamic" and then clicking "Drop QSO" also does not drop the TG (though it may do so temporarily, see sentence below).

As one user above posted, what does work is clicking "Drop QSO" and then quickly connecting to another TG (or 4000) using your radio.

If the ultimate answer is that TGs are sticky on a hotspot and there is no way to disconnect using only the Pi-Star dashboard, then fair enough. That then is what the enhancement request is. We want a way to completely disconnect from a TG using nothing but the Pi-Star dashboard.

Hope this helps clarify.

I have attached a screenshot of my dashboard in case I am missing a button or control that I am supposed to have.
Attachments
IMG_0457 Resized.jpg
IMG_0457 Resized.jpg (226.67 KiB) Viewed 5298 times