[DMR Network 3] HBlink enable revert removed ?

Suggest new features here
AF6VN

Re: [DMR Network 3] HBlink enable revert removed ?

Post by AF6VN »

From other comments I've read, this is not specific to your particular case.

It seems that once one makes a change using "expert" mode, one must make all further changes using "expert" mode. Changes made using the simplified page tend to result in defaults being applied to most fields that are on the "expert" pages but not on the simplified page.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
SP2ONG

Post by SP2ONG »

Last edited by SP2ONG on Sat May 02, 2020 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
WB3IHY

Post by WB3IHY »

Or, you could do what I did and use this:

http://dmr.pgtto.com/the-new-dmrgateway-2018/

Result: I get a DMRGateway that, in my opinion, is far more versatile and works far better than the original. Plus, it solves the problem you've been discussing here.

My "feature request?" That this modified gateway code FINALLY be adopted into Pi-Star. Why it hasn't already is, frankly, puzzling to me.
WB3IHY

Post by WB3IHY »

All I did was to offer a solution that mitigates the problem while, as you say, "The pistar author seems to have a reason not to respond." Of course, it's totally up to you (and other hams who use hblink/other networks) whether or not to use it.

As for me, I suppose I'll just have to live with the shame of "not understanding the issue." Now, off to make some trivial changes in my config and not have any of my networks disabled. Or to put up with the lack of network isolation present in that "original and best gateway" either.
WB3IHY

Post by WB3IHY »

Interesting. So, let's say I'm using the original gateway and have all the networks enabled. All are tuned to active networks/reflectors and I happen to be in QSO on a BM talkgroup.

I unkey. At that moment, activity on another network comes in and grabs the hotspot. Meanwhile, my QSO partner on BM wonders where I went.

Please, educate me: How do I "set properly" my TGRewrite rules and "not omit" passall rules to keep this from happening?

Meanwhile, using the modified gateway, I risk no interruption of my QSO from the other networks. Why? Because I can choose to SELECT one network and deliberately IGNORE the others. Plus, I could always "go back" and use it in "unfiltered mode," which replicates the functionality of the original gateway if I choose. Furthermore, the "apply changes" bug you mention does nothing to the "Enabled=" setting when using the modified gateway for ANY of the networks. Even if it somehow did, I could easily re-enable that network FROM MY RADIO...instead of having to dig into expert config mode to do so.

Net result? I gain needed functionality, avoid the problem you describe, and lose NOTHING.
WB3IHY

Post by WB3IHY »

My apologies, then. Good luck with your endeavor. Bye bye.