Display Information

Suggest new features here
KN2TOD

Display Information

Post by KN2TOD »

1) add the Hostname to all GUI panels (upper left corner).

Currently, the hostname is only displayed on the Dashboard and Admin panels but the information would be helpful on other panels (for instance, Configuration) as part of the documentation (annotation) of screen shots taken of multiple hotspots.

2) add the boot time/date and current IP address to the Dashboard/Admin panels (lower left corner).

Similar: as documentation aid.
KN2TOD

Re: Display Information

Post by KN2TOD »

Yes, a lot of the information I mention is available in one way or another ... if you're actively interacting with each of the sundry displays. But I was thinking that if would be helpful if such common information were presented without resorting to digging around for it each and every time.

When running live logs, for instance, the listing of the hostname as a standard part of the display's header would save some steps - be more convenient - when monitoring activity from multiple (simultaneous) sources.

Yes, we all should be fully aware of where we are (display-wise) at any given moment, but by adding that info to each display header aids in a reality check as we flip from system to system, particularly when we are rushing around for one reason or another.

The current version and dashboard number are displayed on every panel. Regardless of which hotspot and display panel I'm looking at, I can tell at a glance, conveniently, whether I'm running a production version or a beta version of the software. Can not the hostname and some other common info also be included, also as a convenience?
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

The hostname can easily be added to virtually all the dashboard displays (in the upper left-hand corner) by running the following edits (in RW mode):

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i 's%<div style="font-size: 8px; text-align: right;%<div style="font-size: 8px; text-align: left; padding-left: 8px; float: left;">Hostname: <?php echo exec("cat /etc/hostname"); ?></div><div style="font-size: 8px; text-align: right;%1'  ...
The above edit can be applied against these files:

/var/www/dashboard/admin/config_backup.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/power.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/configure.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/update.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/live_modem_log.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/expert/header-menu.inc

(This only effects those displays missing the hostname display - such as the Configuration display; it does not change any functionality or otherwise add any new features.)
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KN2TOD wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:25 am The hostname can easily be added to virtually all the dashboard displays (in the upper left-hand corner) by running the following edits (in RW mode):

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i 's%<div style="font-size: 8px; text-align: right;%<div style="font-size: 8px; text-align: left; padding-left: 8px; float: left;">Hostname: <?php echo exec("cat /etc/hostname"); ?></div><div style="font-size: 8px; text-align: right;%1'  ...
The above edit can be applied against these files:

/var/www/dashboard/admin/config_backup.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/power.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/configure.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/update.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/live_modem_log.php
/var/www/dashboard/admin/expert/header-menu.inc

(This only effects those displays missing the hostname display - such as the Configuration display; it does not change any functionality or otherwise add any new features.)
Please understand that any time I change a page in the dashboard, that these edits will vanish, suggesting people edit the local copy of the dashboard is not wise.

Next time I am working on the dash I'll see about adding the hostname since I do see the sense to the request.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk