Suggested Logic change to DMR mode

Suggest new features here
KM6HK

Suggested Logic change to DMR mode

Post by KM6HK »

In some use cases, such as analog to DMR transcoders, we need to not have the TG forced, but rather have it controlled by the setting as directed in the Pi-Star configuration page. We need it to behave as it does in YSF mode where it ignores TG info other than what is specifically 'set' in the configuration page.

When the Pi-Star is in “YSF Mode” it ignores any TG headers it hears over the air or from a transcoder, no matter what the trans coder is set to or what it might hear in a DMR header over the air. It behaves exactly the opposite when it is in “DMR MODE” when it changes to what ever TG it hears either from the trans coder or from RF over the air.

I, personally, would have implemented the logic in the program to have a feature that would allow a ’toggle’ on-off of that behavior in the DMR mode. I can see why they implemented it the way they did, as that logic falls in line with the Brandmeister ‘philosophy’ of allowing active changes to TG connects from anyone over the air, this was in contrast to the older C-Bridge that was ‘ fixed’ by the control operator.. But it interferes and makes almost impossible the use of Pi-Star as part of a x-Mode solution.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Suggested Logic change to DMR mode

Post by M1DNS »

The features you request would need to be actioned by the underlying MMDVM project that pistar uses. Pistar is after all a "skin" for MMDVM. A very clever skin, but a skin all the less.

And, yes it does follow a brandmeister mantra. At the time of writing MMDVMs ability to work with DMR, brandmeister were the only network willing to except connections from homebrew assetts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.