Two Frequency Operation in Simplex Mode

Suggest new features here
VE3RD

Two Frequency Operation in Simplex Mode

Post by VE3RD »

I have a duplex hotspot
I am in need of two RF frequency operation in Simplex Mode. Currently setting simplex mode, resets the two frequencies to a single frequency. Setting duplex mode allows me to have split frequencies, but it loops the incoming rf back out via rf . This causes looping on my system as it is operating back to back with a Fusion Repeater (YSF2DMR Cross Mode)

request
1) Allow setting two frequencies in simplex mode
or
2) Provide a toggle that will inhibit incoming RF loopback to RF output
VE3RD

Re: Two Frequency Operation in Simplex Mode

Post by VE3RD »

I am running 4.1.0.RC6
Simplex Mode sets the frequencies to the same value and only one frequency box shows up in the config screen. I did, however, learn how to trick the configurator into giving me what I needed. I would rather not explain this in this forum but will via email if you are interested

phil VE3RD
[email protected]
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

upgraded to RC7 with all the updates and simplex mode still only allows one frequency.

Phil VE3RD
[email protected]
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

RC7 will not allow me to set my duplex hotspot into duplex mode. It keeps kicking back to simplex.
Time to reflash back to RC6

Phil VE3RD
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

VE3RD wrote:upgraded to RC7 with all the updates and simplex mode still only allows one frequency.

Phil VE3RD
[email protected]
Yes. It's a simplex hotspot. Only one frequency is used.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

VE3RD wrote:RC7 will not allow me to set my duplex hotspot into duplex mode. It keeps kicking back to simplex.
Time to reflash back to RC6

Phil VE3RD
Sure it will. Just set it to "duplex repeater" and the option to add a tx and rx frequency will appear.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

Yes, I get both frequency boxes in Duplex Mode.
However Duplex Mode repeats Incoming RF which causes looping when using YSF2DMR back to back with a fusion repeater.

I Need Simplex mode with a repeater split or Half Duplex

I am running pi-star 4.1.0.rc6 with all updates

In DMR Only Mode
if I start from the config page in duplex mode, go to mmdvmhost in expert mode, and turn off duplex, the unit no longer receives anything.
If I start from the config page in simplex mode , go to mmdvmhost in expert mode and set the repeater split, the hostspot no longer receives anything

In YSF2DMR Crossover Mode
I get the same effect, no respone to incoming RF

I can operate in Simplex or Full Duplex but NOT in Half Duplex.
In the PI-Star Dashboard Configuration Page, the parameter block labeled "Control Software" indicates modes -Simplex or -Duplex Repeater ( or Half Duplex on Hotspots)
How do I setup up a DUPLEX hotspot for Half Duplex operation on split frequencies. Half-Duplex implies data transmission in only one direction at a time.

Phil VE3RD
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

Semi Success

I did a factory reset, brought up the hostspot in full duplex mode on YSF on the proper split frequencies
reboot
Next I added in the YSF2DMR Crossover
reboot
Next did and ssh in and set the Suffix to ND in both /etc/ysf2dmr, and /etc/ysfgateway (not sure if this really had any effect)
reboot and all working in Full Duplex
Next via ssh set duplex=0 in /etc/mmdvmhost
reboot and it looks like half-duplex operation on split frequencies with local ht
the repeater listening to a wires x repeater is ignored
I test with two ht's one on Hotspot Input and One on Hotspot Output. The ht hears the repeater but the Hotspot does not. The hotspot will respond to the ht on the hotspot input

I SSH Back in and set Duplex=1 in /etc/mmdvmhost and now the hotspot hears the repeater(but is in full duplex mode, transmitting the incoming data)

Very Frustrated
Phil VE3RD
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

I tryed a simplex hotspot. All set up in simplex, on the repeater output frequency
Local Traffic was received ok, wiresx traffic was ignored.

I ssh'ed in and set the frequency split.
Local Traffic was received ok, wiresx traffic was ignored.
I have played with all three wiresx toggles in ysf2dmr.ini and ysfgateway.ini to no avail.

The duplex hotspot gave me much the same results except it did respond to wiresX traffic in full duplex mode. I need half-duplex

I suspect there is a bug floating around in the system somewhere that affects the wiresX traffic

Feature Request
MMDVMHOST.ini File
[General]
Duplex=0(Simplex), =1(Half-Duplex on Simplex or Duplex Hotspots) =2(Full-Duplex on Dulplex Only Hotspots)

Phil VE3RD
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

Additional Data

Started in Full Duplex Mode, SSH'd in and Set Duplex to 0

Local User on the repeater talking to a Wiresx Station

The local user came thru the hotspot, while the wiresX user was ignored.

Phil VE3RD