Change the font color and size in the "Gateway Activity" table rows?

Suggest new features here
N2ICV

Change the font color and size in the "Gateway Activity" table rows?

Post by N2ICV »

Feature Requests and Question: (Running Pi-Star:4.1.0-RC8 / Dashboard: 20200221)
With the CCS Tool we can change the color of a lot of things but is there away to change the font color and size in the "Gateway Activity" table rows? :?: Or can this be added soon? I can't see as well as I used to and changing the font size and its color would be a help. Thanks Mike N2ICV
pi-q.jpg
pi-q.jpg (241.97 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
AF6VN

Re: Change the font color and size in the "Gateway Activity" table rows?

Post by AF6VN »

You appear to have changed /something/ since you don't even show the alternating dark/light background I've always seen.

Possibly they are definitions in your browser itself, or in your OS defaults. If my R-Pi web-server is working...

NOTE: My browser has been configured with a "minimum font size" larger than normal, and you can see what effect that had on the D-Star information box -- it overlaps the activity table just a hair. On the admin page, the CPU Load field writes over the first digit or two of the CPU temperature field. The dashboard is quite heavily tied to small font size since it does not scale with browser "minimum font size" settings, nor with changes in the browser window size.

On your image, it looks very much as if your background color (nominally white on my screen) is the same as the shaded/highlight colors in the table, while my table has light grey and dark grey. The text shadow color (in the table headings) appears to be the same as the text color itself (on mine, the text is white with a dark grey/red shadow).

I don't see anything explicit in the "source HTML" calling out colors, so that may be somewhere in the CSS stuff....

And it is...

The alternating rows are in the CSS tools page: BgOdd and BgEven, and HeadDrop appears to be the shadow color. Same for the text color(s). The Blue color for the callsign is likely defined in your browser for unvisited links.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
N2ICV

Post by N2ICV »

The screen shot is NOT my default setting. I was using that to kill the background color (nominally white) that has much brightness for my liking. I like dark background colors with white or yellow text. So don't go by that screenshot set up, It is only to show what I want to be able to config that in the RED areas.
So AF6VN are you on the Pi-Star dev team :?: :?:
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

N2ICV wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:46 pm The screen shot is NOT my default setting. I was using that to kill the background color (nominally white) that has much brightness for my liking. I like dark background colors with white or yellow text. So don't go by that screenshot set up, It is only to show what I want to be able to config that in the RED areas.
So AF6VN are you on the Pi-Star dev team :?: :?:
Responding bottom up... No...

But for the TABLE ROW BACKGROUND, those colors ARE (as mentioned) defined in the Expert editor CSS tools page, as BgOdd and BgEven. I suspect the table text is under the Content/Text color. I don't find anything for the Mode/Status boxes (unless they are using the Banners/Drop shadow color -- default banner is white text with grey shadow).

My suggestion would be to go into the CSS editor, make a drastic change to ONE item, then see what elements of the dashboard were affected by it. Revert and change another item... repeat until you've identified all the controllable elements and which CSS item affects them...

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
N2ICV

Post by N2ICV »

Thanks for your help.