YSF Schedule room

Suggest new features here
N8OFP

YSF Schedule room

Post by N8OFP »

I would like to request that a scheduling function be added for YSF Link Manager. This would automatically switch YSF Reflectors at a preset time, and revert back to a default reflector once the scheduled time has expired.

Example: My Default YSF Reflector is YSF-40557 Ohio Link, but there is a net that I like to listen to on Reflector YSF-35010 US Reddit. This net is on Monday's at 9PM EST and last approximately an hour. The scheduler would allow the user to select their Default Reflector, and then add additional reflectors with a Day or Days Of The Week, a Start Time and Ending Time. When the day and time arrive Pi-Star would switch to that reflector. When the time expires the scheduler would switch back to the Default Reflector.

This would be very similar to the Brandmeister Scheduled static function. I'm sure users of other modes (P25, D-Star, DMR, NXDN) would find this function useful as well.

Thank you!
Del N8OFP
AF6VN

Re: YSF Schedule room

Post by AF6VN »

As I recall, the Brandmeister scheduled static are handled by the Brandmeister server(s), not by Pi-Star software.

However, if the Pi-Star software supports a command line for changing settings, one could set up a CRON job (make a backup, as Pi-Star updates might reset crontabs) to do the switch-over. The only such I found documented online is for D-STAR reflectors -- however...

Code: Select all

pi-star@pi-star-3b(ro):~$ ls /usr/local/sbin/pistar*link*
/usr/local/sbin/pistar-link      /usr/local/sbin/pistar-p25link
/usr/local/sbin/pistar-nxdnlink  /usr/local/sbin/pistar-ysflink
pi-star@pi-star-3b(ro):~$
seems to reveal commands for p25, nxdn, and ysf also

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

AF6VN wrote:
if the Pi-Star software supports a command line for changing settings, one could set up a CRON job (make a backup, as Pi-Star updates might reset crontabs) to do the switch-over. The only such I found documented online is for D-STAR reflectors -- however...

Code: Select all

pi-star@pi-star-3b(ro):~$ ls /usr/local/sbin/pistar*link*
/usr/local/sbin/pistar-link      /usr/local/sbin/pistar-p25link
/usr/local/sbin/pistar-nxdnlink  /usr/local/sbin/pistar-ysflink
pi-star@pi-star-3b(ro):~$
seems to reveal commands for p25, nxdn, and ysf also
Yep, that's one of the advantages of the link managers, you could use cron hourly, daily or weekly setups.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N8OFP

Post by N8OFP »

Thank you, but for those of us who are not a programmers or don't know Linux, it would be nice to have a way say on the Admin page where the user could select a default reflector, and add scheduled reflectors, days, start time, and end time.
Thanks again,