Modem "Changes" Alert Always pops

Suggest new features here
w6mgv

Modem "Changes" Alert Always pops

Post by w6mgv »

When navigating from the home page to the configuration page, this popup ALWAYS presents. Can we see about how that variable is updated and how the popup notification functions? (see attached screen capture).
Attachments
pistar warnings.png
pistar warnings.png (73.13 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
Marc Verdi W6MGV
Coxsackie, New York, USA
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Modem "Changes" Alert Always pops

Post by MW0MWZ »

what modem do you select ?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
w6mgv

Post by w6mgv »

Andy:

From my post in another thread............. snip

Of note: I tried a "sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatreset" with the Modem setting set to: STM32-DVM / MMDVM_HS - Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO). This process fails with the message "Compatible modem not configured." When set to MMDVM_HS_Hat (DB9MAT & DF2ET) for Pi (GPIO), the process succeeds with the message "Modem reset complete." I don't know if that is helpful, from a diagnostic standpoint.

............. snip

For a JumboSpot, what is the recommended modem?

Thanks friend. (If I start working on the documentation, the guys are all going to have to go back to GitHub and START PUTTING REMARKS IN THEIR CODE!!! For goodness sake, please LOL. I went through some of the code for the MMDVM and it's an informational wasteland.)

Marc W6MGV
Marc Verdi W6MGV
Coxsackie, New York, USA
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KE7FNS wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:50 am
w6mgv wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:59 am For a JumboSpot, what is the recommended modem?

The official jumbospot documentation says:

STM32-DVM / MMDVM_HS - Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO)

And you are correct, the pistar-mmdvmhshatreset command fails when you set that modem setting, it has never worked for that specific modem selection.
I'm somewhat surprised by that, its a clone of the "MMDVM_HS_Hat (DB9MAT & DF2ET) for Pi (GPIO)" board, that is the one I would be telling people to use.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Of course there is the fact that the Jumbospot was a direct clone of an early version of the HS_HAT so why it would need a different setting is unclear.
--

Brian G8SEZ
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

The history is somewhat unclear, but the early HS_HAT from DB9MAT/DF2ET went through about 5 or 6 revisions, the original Jumbospots came out of what was v1.1 or possibly v1.2, the HS_HAT design didn't really stabilize until v1.5/v1.6 and the firmware was in a state of flux at the same time.

I agree that it would be nice to fix things up so that no selection that could work is broken. If you can provide code to do that then I suppose a pull request on github would work, Andy seems to look at those fairly often.
--

Brian G8SEZ