Be able to name TGs on the dashboard page

Suggest new features here
n1dq

Be able to name TGs on the dashboard page

Post by n1dq »

I have my system setup using the DMR gateway to a couple of gateways. I'd like to be able to name the TGs so that when I look at the dashboard, rather than it saying: 'TG 2000009', it'd be nicer if it said 'BM Local' etc. Would be even nicer if the display logic understood the mappings defined on the TGRewrite rules...

Does this make sense?

Philip
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Be able to name TGs on the dashboard page

Post by M1DNS »

I see where your coming from, and not to poo poo ur want, afterall it is the season of wishes

but just to give you an idea... Tg info is past to you via the server your linked into and prob. the main reason BM see hundreds and hundreds of requests a yr to name individual TG's.

To do it in pistar, just the database alone, 15,000 TG's to reference to a name would be a huge file for something like a pi zero to pull on with each change. Let alone the work involved in creating and maintaining that file.

Also the naming would create its own issues, tg 200009 might be bm local for you, it wouldnt be local for me. So wouldn't show as wanted across 1000s of different users. Meaning it would need to be something individuals can edit as needed to make it relevant to them. Because of pistars ease of nature does this edit now become part of the config. Pages?

Im not answering to kill your idea, after all thats what the section of the forum is all abt, but just give an insight into how a seemingly simple request needs to be managed to make it an actual thing.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yes that, that right there.
What he said.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
n1dq

Post by n1dq »

I understand that everybodies group mapping would be different -- I'm happy to maintain the (maybe) 30 entry file that is for my setup. It sounds as though the Nextion driver has the code that I would need. I guess that it would be possible to integrate that into the web interface. I'll have a go...

Philip