pi-star, raspberry pi... $140 gag store, mall junk?

Something has you frustrated, let it all out, you can even abuse the Pi-Star team here too!
kc3mil

pi-star, raspberry pi... $140 gag store, mall junk?

Post by kc3mil »

I think its made from horse shit and dirty balls. pretty sure its Gag store, mall junk.

If someone sees this and actually cares... look at my other post and tell me how to fix. I know... who really cares about an individual unit?

But If a product doesn't work... its junk. Right??

Returning soon with a bad reviews. Posted everywhere.
Jay Green

:| :arrow: :evil: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :twisted: :arrow: :mrgreen:
W1KMC

Re: pi-star, raspberry pi... $140 gag store, mall junk?

Post by W1KMC »

OK, Jay, let's try this :

1 - could you tell us what PI (is it a Pi , a 3B+, the new Pi3A=, a PiZero)
2- Can you tell us the radio board (a Jumbo from china, a Zum board fro HRO, an MMDVM from the developers, a DV Board, Blue stack) This would be helpful in helping you.
3- What have you tried to do so far, does it load, can you see pistar-setup inyour wifi networks available to get on your home network, if not, we need to start there. If you can, then what happens after you reboot?
4- Which networks are you trying to use -- DSTAR is a bit trickier as it wants repeaters but boards aren't repeaters so you have to fool DSTAR into thinking it is. YSF and DMR are a bit easier. Do you see any transmissions on the dashboard at all, and if so, does your radio put out the audio.

I am willing to help walk you through this but this would take too long, so if you want me to help, google my call sign and find the "Club I belong to , that has a phone number I can be reached at. I just googled it myself (hint, it's the first result)

One other thing, yes this is frustrating, but a little patience and a bit more information on your part will help us get your device working.

73 de W1KMC
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
2E0WKS

Post by 2E0WKS »

I believe the underlying issues your having are pretty much a steep learning curve that keeps people from success, out of 18 HATS only one bad one
1) learn which HAT you have and how to update to recent HAT firmware
2) DMR BER test for offsets
4) PI zero in my opinion end of life and anything less than pi 3 b plus a waste of time on Fusion and Broadcom 2.4ghz wifi duty cycle on Fusion loses packets as no dropped packet null time V DMR
5) HAT drift caused by cooking the hat with heat from pi (my experience happy on a PI 4)

I have done socially distanced visits via Teamviewer and my experiences lead me to believe the above way forward.

think it is a great project that needs time to understand

M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

kc3mil wrote:I think its made from horse shit and dirty balls. pretty sure its Gag store, mall junk.

If someone sees this and actually cares... look at my other post and tell me how to fix. I know... who really cares about an individual unit?

But If a product doesn't work... its junk. Right??

Returning soon with a bad reviews. Posted everywhere.
Did you follow advice given by Toshen on ur original post his pistar manual is prob. the best how to in getting going with a hotspot and pistar.

If your waiting for someone to tell you how to get the setup going, thats your problem. Its a learning curve. You yourself need to research and educate yourself on how it works and how to drive the device. There are users here, (remember its a support group where other users help you better understand how) that can help you with this but no one will tell you what you issue is inless you yourself know a little more of whats involved and you can tell them what aspect or pertinent issue is not working. The more info you provide the better/easier it is to find the solution.

If you bought a hotspot thinking it was an aplliance, you simply turn on and it comes to life? Thats you first problem. Stick with it, work with the other users here and it becomes a lot easier.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

2E0WKS wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:42 pm I believe the underlying issues your having are pretty much a steep learning curve that keeps people from success, out of 18 HATS only one bad one
This thread was 2 years old. I'm sure the OP has moved on to other venues to complain about.

Normally on a forum is frowned upon to necro old posts.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

KE7FNS wrote:
This thread was 2 years old. I'm sure the OP has moved on to other venues to complain about.

Normally on a forum is frowned upon to necro old posts.
Well spotted Jason.
We'll stop this one here. Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.