ZUMSPOT USB STICK Noob Questions

Help and support for ZUMSpot Hardware
W6CJ

ZUMSPOT USB STICK Noob Questions

Post by W6CJ »

Hello - hope someone can help:

1. Is there a way to config the Zum USB to be "open", so that other callsigns can use it on C4FM. DSTAR, etc?

2. Is there a way to use commands from my handheld (as with a Pi-Star) to change YSF/FCS Rooms and reflectors with the ZUM USB Stick?

3. How would I set up a PI-STAR dashboard to operate a USB STICK?

4. Is it possible to operate two ZUM USB Sticks on the same computer (as long as I avoid duplicate modes/rooms), and how would I set that up?

Thank you and 73,
Jay
W6CJ
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: ZUMSPOT USB STICK Noob Questions

Post by KE7FNS »

W6CJ wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm Hello - hope someone can help:
Are you asking how to configure a Pi-Star RPi to use a ZumSpot USB, or are you asking how to configure and operate the BlueDV Windows software? Because I have never used the BlueDV software so I can't support it, so you'd need to contact whoever is responsible for that software or find some BlueDV forum and ask there. This is for Pi-Star related questions.
W6CJ wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm 1. Is there a way to config the Zum USB to be "open", so that other callsigns can use it on C4FM. DSTAR, etc?
Set the node type to be public
W6CJ wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm 2. Is there a way to use commands from my handheld (as with a Pi-Star) to change YSF/FCS Rooms and reflectors with the ZUM USB Stick?
I'm pretty sure you are asking if you can remote control BlueDV as Pi-Star already has this feature.
W6CJ wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm 3. How would I set up a PI-STAR dashboard to operate a USB STICK?
Select ZumSpot - USB Stick in the modem configuration.
W6CJ wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm 4. Is it possible to operate two ZUM USB Sticks on the same computer (as long as I avoid duplicate modes/rooms), and how would I set that up?
Not that I know of.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: and again