Pi Zero W Rev 1.1 transmit and Password

Help and support for ZUMSpot Hardware
W4ORI

Pi Zero W Rev 1.1 transmit and Password

Post by W4ORI »

Two issues:

1. I've been connected in the last week or so and while the Kenwood D-74 was/is hitting the pi-star (lights flash and the log indicated a call from me), and I can hear QSOs on the reflector. However, I can't seem to transmit into it. I went to HRO with the problem and their man helped me as much as possible over a couple of hours, but it STILL won't connect.

2. Bringing the Zumspot back home, I could log in to the configuration to change the controller mode, which I changed to duplex. Now I can't get back into the configuration page at all--It won't accept "raspberry" or any other PW I can think of. What do I have to do now?

Need clues...

Thanks,
Tony
W4ORI
KE0FHS

Re: Pi Zero W Rev 1.1 transmit and Password

Post by KE0FHS »

Hi Tony,

Whether or not you can use the duplex mode depends on the radio/modem board you are using. If it has one antenna, it's a simple board; if it has two, it's a duplex board.

It might be easiest at this point to burn a new Pi-Star image to your microSD card and start fresh.

Not knowing where you're at exactly, I'll add that one of the most fundamentally important things with D-STAR and hotspots is that for most simplex hotspots, in your radio you must use D-STAR Repeater (DR) or Duplex mode: set up RPT1, RPT2, and a zero offset (either +/−0.000).
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm