can not update zumspot-pi-star

Help and support for ZUMSpot Hardware
ae0dc

can not update zumspot-pi-star

Post by ae0dc »

My Pi-Star states i need to update it, and gives a link, However, updating using RPI-V4 doesnt work. The image is placed on the SD card, boot it up and it just never shows up, no way of accessing it to find out whats going on. Orig Card works fine with old version. There are 3 of us, and none of us can get update to work.
G8SEZ

Re: can not update zumspot-pi-star

Post by G8SEZ »

A raw image will not do very much, you need to give it either a wpa_supplicant.conf (this will get you on to WiFi, see the WiFi builder on the Pi-Star site) or you can use a backup zip file placed on the root directory of the new SD card. If you do the latter check the settings very carefully once you have it up and running.
--

Brian G8SEZ
ae0dc

Post by ae0dc »

I downloaded the image, used the windows program suggested to copy image to sd card, and placed a copy of the backup download on same sd card. Never shows up on wifi, either as pi-star or as the device creating its own wifi, I will follow your link and see what happens
Thx Doug AE0DC
ae0dc

Post by ae0dc »

well I went and got a cup of coffee, when I got back, it was running. Go Figure ... extra long boot up, but everythings working fine.
Thanks guys for the support ! You all Rock.
Now will the regular update feature work again (For now on)
Doug AE0DC
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Ah, the long boot up time will be because the recent v4.x versions auto-expand the filesystem on first boot. If you have a fairly slow Pi such as a single core Zero this can take a while and it will be slower still if the card is bigger.

Yes, regular daily updates will now work, don't forget to run a full update via SSH every couple of weeks as that will update the underlying OS files too.
--

Brian G8SEZ