repeater not found

Help and support for ZUMSpot Hardware
K2DV

repeater not found

Post by K2DV »

I don't know if this is a problem with the Zumspot or the pi-star configuration. When I transmit for more than a few seconds an error message comes up on the screen of my radio that says "repeater not found."

I have double checked that the transmit and receive frequencies on my radio are the same as the frequency that I put on the pi-star dashboard. The color codes and time slots of the programmed channels also agree with what is showing on the dashboard. Specifically my dashboard shows CC1 and TS2 enabled. I've programmed several talkgroups starting with a few of the "parrot" TG's and then a few others. All of the them return the same error message.

Every once in a while the green light for DMR on the Zumspot lights up, and the dashboard shows gateway activity.

Interestingly, yesterday the word "internet" with a green background was showing. It is not today, but I was getting the same error message yesterday also. Under where it says "DMR Repeater" it is showing "not linked"/"not linked."

Mode enabled and network status both show "DMR" with the green background.

I did not change the board between yesterday and today. If this is an issue with internet connectivity, how do I fix it? If that is not the issue, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Don
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: repeater not found

Post by MW0MWZ »

Set the RX offset on your ZumSpot, (find this from the expert link on the config page, and then MMDVMHost)
Start at about -200 for a ZumSpot.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
K2DV

Post by K2DV »

Ok, I have tried adjusting the RX offset in increments of .025 and I went a full 1 Mhz away with the same problem. I even tried a different radio thinking it might be the radio is not transmitting. Using a AT-D868UV I get the "repeater not found" message. Using a GD-77 it doesn't give me that message, but nothing seems to be happening.

Also on the Zumspot board the only light that is on is the power light. During none of these tests did the PTT or the DMR light come on.

Don
OE5DRO

Post by OE5DRO »

!!!!!again i have to rewrite all of my message, because of very short logout time - this should be fix because its really annoying!!!!!

... some problems exist with timeslot syncing, read more here:

https://www.rogerclark.net/mmdvm-duplex ... -problems/

you could try to change Tx Preamble at Codeplug from 100ms to 360ms or 960ms and/or
change the DRMTxLevel at pi-star expert settings from 50 to 53..57

vy 73