Zumspot bricked?

Help and support for ZUMSpot Hardware
KI7YNI

Re: Zumspot bricked?

Post by KI7YNI »

n9mxq wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:03 pm
KI7YNI wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 am Never mind, it does error flashing it. Just it says it was successful at the end so I didnt really look at it.

Code: Select all

Using Parser : Raw BINARY                                                   
Interface serial_posix: 57600 8E1                                           
Failed to init device.    
Usually when this is seen, pins 38 and 40 aren't connected to the hat.. I'd check to make sure they are, and that they are properly soldered.
Yeah, I checked as far as I could without a schematic. Pin 38 only to the first 10k resistor in line. Pin 40 I was able to trace to a cap, through a 10k resistor then it splits off, feeding the PWR led and also going underneath to a unpopulated 10 pin surface mount position before I lose it. But it was good up till then.
AA7US wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:06 pm
KI7YNI wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:17 pm No it has not. Been bashing my head into a wall since I recieved it. Wishing I knew about the MMDVM_HS_Hat now, would've bought that instead.
Maybe it's time to ask the seller for a replacement... sounds like you may have received a defective unit.

John
AA7US
Yeah, problem is I already soldered directly to it for a Nextion screen. I thought my issue was a network issue, since it wasnt connecting, so I went down the wrong rabbit hole and, finding a issue with my network, I spent probably 8 hours over 3 days figuring it out before deciding to apply a bandaid fix that got my network working fine again for now. But during which time I tinkered with getting the screen connected.
If I cant get it to work, Ill file it in the round filing cabinet and buy the other hat.
KB8AOB

Post by KB8AOB »

I assume all the pins are properly aligned? Easy to be off by one row.
KI7YNI

Post by KI7YNI »

Yeah, its lined up