Repeater on D-Star and YSF

General support for the Pi-Star System
2E0UCW

Repeater on D-Star and YSF

Post by 2E0UCW »

We setup a new dual mode repeater on the weekend.

We would like it not to default to a Reflector or Room - On YSF it's default is NONE however there seems to be no NONE option for D-Star so currently we have it linked to a very inactive Reflector.

This helps to reduce data usage (the site has limited data available and also supports a DMR MMDVM repeater) as well as on-going receiving of transmissions blocking users from accessing the repeater on the alternative mode.

If someone selects a Reflector or Room, is there a setting somewhere to set it back to default?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Repeater on D-Star and YSF

Post by M1DNS »

Theres a couple check boxes next to the reflector selector dropdown.
From memory, AUTO & MANUAL
Thats auto connect to ur choosen reflector so check MANUAL. that way the install shouldn't connect on startup.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
2E0UCW

Post by 2E0UCW »

I've done that however we would like an active D-Star reflector to unlink after a period of no local RF activity - is this possible?

On the YSF side, I have set the "InactivityTimeout" under the "Network" setting - hope this is the correct place for this setting.

However, I'm unable to find a simialr setting for the D-Star side.

D-Star users are not unlinking causing a 400% spike in data usage on a site feeding a MMDVM DMR repeater as well and 1GB allowance pm.
NQ4T

Post by NQ4T »

I just took a stroll through various configuration files but did not see anything that would disconnect a reflector after a period of RF inactivity.

I can try to poke around and see such functionality could be hacked on.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

NQ4T wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:47 pm I just took a stroll through various configuration files but did not see anything that would disconnect a reflector after a period of RF inactivity.
Reconnect does. If you don't specify a default reflector it will just disconnect. The values are really odd and not in standard minutes. See his other thread for more info.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: and again
2E0UCW

Post by 2E0UCW »

All sorted now - thanks
NQ4T

Post by NQ4T »

KE7FNS wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:55 am
NQ4T wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:47 pm I just took a stroll through various configuration files but did not see anything that would disconnect a reflector after a period of RF inactivity.
Reconnect does. If you don't specify a default reflector it will just disconnect. The values are really odd and not in standard minutes. See his other thread for more info.
Ahhhh. I should have looked at the ircddb config rather than skipping it because I thought it was literally just for callsign routing and ircddb stuff.