Reflector Access Issue

General support for the Pi-Star System
NG4D

Reflector Access Issue

Post by NG4D » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:42 pm

I have a Zumspot and I was on REF 30C on D-Star having QSO. Sudden interference came across the QSO and since that time that I have been unable to access the reflector, but I can access any other reflector. I have exhausted my research and I can find no solution. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. It seems that I have been banned from the reflector.

Don - NG4D

KE0FHS

Re: Reflector Access Issue

Post by KE0FHS » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Yes, it does seem like you have been banned from the reflector. REF030 C will do that under certain circumstances. Any chance you were connected to REF030 C with more than one hotspot using the same callsign simultaneously? That will definitely get you banned. Not sure what you'll need to do if you were banned. It may be temporary (for example, on the BrandMeister DMR network, you can get banned, too, but it typically only lasts for an hour or a few hours. You may need to contact the REF030 administrator.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm

N6WBL

Post by N6WBL » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 pm

I heard a guy on Allstar talking about having that happen to him by having two hotspots active. In his case someone had to clear it for him. See if you can find an admin or maybe someone will chime in with a contact.

M1DNS

Post by M1DNS » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Unfortunately there were several cases of this happening, many posted in the old pistar FB group re. This and although referenced regularly there was no mention of any member being un-blocked once this has occured.
Even making contact with those at the top of the DPlus chain, saw no favourable results.

It appears running more than one connection with the same link criteria on the same dplus reflector, does result in a ban.

I hope this is not the case here, and wish you luck.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.

w7efs

Post by w7efs » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:10 am

If you have more than 1 hotspot that uses the same frequency, then I fully endorse the reflector banning of the call sign. We've had far too many nets crippled by such.

NG4D

Post by NG4D » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:28 pm

I have only one hotspot. Administration contacts are no where to be found. I can access the reflector through a repeater. I can live with the ban. It is certainly not the end of the world.