More than one user

General support for the Pi-Star System
ki4gst

More than one user

Post by ki4gst » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 am

This may be somewhere on this site but I’m having a hard time with the search.

What I want to know is it possible for more than one person to use the same hotspot? For example two hams in same house use same hotspot instead of having to use two separate hotspot each registered for each person. If the answer is yes. Is there any setting I need to change in pistar or is it as simple as both radios with their own DMR ID set to use the hotspot frequency.

KE7FNS

Re: More than one user

Post by KE7FNS » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:00 am

Sure, there is a setting you need to change to make the hotspot public so that it will accept a different DMR ID than the one it is configured for.

In the general configuration section, its "Node Type", set it to public.

It doesn't really even need to be a different radio per say, as the one I have access to has the ability to select different DMR ID's from the menu.

As long as you don't try to use both radios at the same time, you shouldn't have any issues.
All views, comments, posts and opinions shared are entirely my own.

ki4gst

Re: More than one user

Post by ki4gst » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:47 am

Thank you very much. It was more of a curiosity than a need right now. But at least now if when I and few others go on a trip we can just set up one hotspot for us all to use instead of cluttering up the band with a bunch on different frequencies.